2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's a fair summary.

By definition a punt wouldn't be buying proven PL quality. What did we pay Sheffield utd for DCL, 1.5 million? So if we call that in today's equivalent 5 million, you can spend that and hope it pays off but haven't broken the bank so no need to push it. At Chermiti's (up to 15-17m after add ons and Beto at 22m that is a lot of capital tied up. We need to start making returns on all these younger players and recycle into better young players and so on.
Yeah we paid low money for DCL he was obviously a long range punt. But he was nowhere near ready at 17 or so.
Hes had to put up with a decade of fans doubting him too.
I guess I was saying at 20m it’s a punt that you hope they are first team contenders but you are by no means getting a guaranteed success.

….thought it was telling that in his post-match interview DCL said “I like the Caribou Cup’, which suggests he’s expecting to start on Wednesday. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Beto on the bench.
DCLs scoring record is amazing in the league cup, 11 goals in 11 games. I expect Dyche to do whatever he thinks will be best to keep Dom in peak fitness as he is our crown jewel.
I expect Beto to see minutes in the cup game, he’s still adapting to 100mph football and needs to.

The constant whining about stuff and seeing the worst in everything gets very tedious very quickly on here I don’t know why people can’t just accept that he’s a bit raw and needs to improve but is also pretty useful and was attainable within our budget. Making a big drama out of him not coming on yesterday is so pointless it gets tiring seeing melodrama all the time.

I'd expect him to start Wednesday along with a few others like Godfrey. Kompany will surely rest a few Burnley players. Whatever interest we have in the league cup Burnley have less. We played a strong team at Villa mind. Gana will probably come in

Dyche was shouting at him in the game when he came on the other week for not challenging for the ball but that isn't really his game if you ever saw him for Udinese. He wants it played in front of him to run onto at feet, you can see him pointing to the ground at times. I hope we can find some use for him and we did have to get someone in for backup but I did find it a slightly strange signing as his profile doesn't quite match the way we play.

Yes, it looks to me like Dyche is trying to use Beto like DCL.

This is why i think if Chermiti develops quickly over the season we may see Beto sold for breakeven in the summer.

Yes, it looks to me like Dyche is trying to use Beto like DCL.

This is why i think if Chermiti develops quickly over the season we may see Beto sold for breakeven in the summer.
Unfortunately with one year left on his contract it’s more likely to be DCL sold next summer. At least this gives Beto and Chermiti a year to bed in.

Struggled in the games he's played, there's no conceivable reason to start him tonight. Hopefully we'll be in a position to give him half an hour if Dyche thinks he's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back