2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is a good striker to bring on when defenders are tired but it’s probably too early to really judge.

To be honest, if I had to say at the minute, I would put him in the same category as Doucoure in that both have certain attributes that make them a handful and they’ll score goals because of that but they don’t look the best on the eye and can frustrate you when they aren’t up to the speed of a game.

I don't think dyche would have left him on the bench today to save him for the cup that wouldn't make sense. It is a concern that the young lad came on instead there can only be two reasons. Beto was carrying a knock or Dyche simply doesn't rate him.

I don't think dyche would have left him on the bench today to save him for the cup that wouldn't make sense. It is a concern that the young lad came on instead there can only be two reasons. Beto was carrying a knock or Dyche simply doesn't rate him.

Wont be long till we find out ;)

This is what always happens, get a 2nd striker in and they never play and therefore are next to no good when called upon. Dyche HAS to keep him interested and give him game time else we just poor money down the drain and won't have an effective back up in case DCL has any issues.
Dyche bring on a young striker with a much higher potential. He is clearly unable to win here.

Dyche bring on a young striker with a much higher potential. He is clearly unable to win here.

Chermiti is in a similar boat and again deserves game time, but in order of where we are now Beto should be getting close to half an hour given how many minutes injury time is tacked on.
If Dyche or whoever still doesn't fancy him in the summer or next January then we can look to move him on and Chermiti gets bumped up to that role.

We've paid 40 million for these two and the only way you get that back or in an ideal situation more is if they play regularly and score goals, we can't afford to create situations like what we had with Tosun. If you buy a player on a punt for a few million fair enough, but not 20+.

In a results based business I know it is difficult to do but with limited funds that need to be managed carefully to help improve the squad to help the results, this is not something we can just ignore.

Beto is going to get his chances, but yesterday I don’t think Dyche wanted to make many changes in the game, we were winning and we were limiting them to very few opportunities in front of goal. I know he brought Chermitti on at about 89 minutes, but I think that was more about letting the young lad get on field experience at away game.

We are only 10 games in to a long season, with injuries and suspensions, I’m sure we will see more of Beto before the season is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back