2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy started as the main man and has v quickly become back-up to DCL. Can tell that it's affecting him from his body language. Needs to knuckle down and get to work.

Would like to see Dyche use him more though. Against teams like the RS I'd be starting Beto and bringing DCL on. Have him bash the defence around for 60 mins and then bring on the more mobile player to exploit that space.

Although DCL is the better of the two of them (IMHO) I would be starting him a bit more given DCLs injury record just to protect him through the season and hopefully keep them both happy and fit throughout the whole of the season.

Heres the thing, with DCL you can hit those long balls at him. If were playing front foot football then you go with DCL as he can take passes from midfield or long balls.

With Beto hes a good alternative if were going to use quick counter attacks and play the ball through midfield.

Two different types of player, but Dyche is using both the same way.

IMG_6011.webp
IMG_6010.webp
IMG_6009.webp

Think he will come good despite the minimal starts and despite the lack of minutes. He is being introduced slowly but surely by Dyche. Honestly don't think we can judge him as of yet. For those that have already judged him did you boo Lineker when he first played. What did you initially think of Reid, Steven, Stevens, Ratcliffe, Southall, DCL, McNeil for example. Not all players hit the ground running. We need to be patient with some players and let them adjust and not judge too early.

Think he will come good despite the minimal starts and despite the lack of minutes. He is being introduced slowly but surely by Dyche. Honestly don't think we can judge him as of yet. For those that have already judged him did you boo Lineker when he first played. What did you initially think of Reid, Steven, Stevens, Ratcliffe, Southall, DCL, McNeil for example. Not all players hit the ground running. We need to be patient with some players and let them adjust and not judge too early.
I don't think anybody (not many anyway) is writing him off, but many people are fairly giving their opinion as to what they have seen so far which is a very limited, cumbersome-looking player that has a poor first touch and low work rate. He might come good and I'm sure he'll look better in time, but the early signs aren't good imo.

That said, it would be hard for any striker to really stand out in a team where nobody can pass a football. You'd like to see him leading the line in a team where the full backs are capable of overlapping the wide players and 10 decent crosses a game are put into the box, but I think we even struggle to put 2-3 quality balls into the box each game.

I hope Harrison gets a run in the side and McNeil can show some better form because he's been poor so far. We have some technically very good players in the team and literally just the one injury in Seamus - if we can't make our strikers look good now then we really are going to get relegated.

About 0.7 points a game is absolutely disgraceful from the fixtures we've had so things best pick up right kin now.

I don't think anybody (not many anyway) is writing him off, but many people are fairly giving their opinion as to what they have seen so far which is a very limited, cumbersome-looking player that has a poor first touch and low work rate. He might come good and I'm sure he'll look better in time, but the early signs aren't good imo.

That said, it would be hard for any striker to really stand out in a team where nobody can pass a football. You'd like to see him leading the line in a team where the full backs are capable of overlapping the wide players and 10 decent crosses a game are put into the box, but I think we even struggle to put 2-3 quality balls into the box each game.

I hope Harrison gets a run in the side and McNeil can show some better form because he's been poor so far. We have some technically very good players in the team and literally just the one injury in Seamus - if we can't make our strikers look good now then we really are going to get relegated.

About 0.7 points a game is absolutely disgraceful from the fixtures we've had so things best pick up right kin now.
Well we need to effectively be 13 points ahead of the 18th placed team or we could be in the poop !

I’ll listen to that, definitely too early to judge him, I think,along wth others, that he has to relax a lot more he is trying too hard. A goal or two will help him settle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back