2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannon hasn't even trained I don't think, they found quite a serious issue with his back. I hope he gets sorted and it's not curtains for the lad, football and back injuries are not generally a good mix.
Sad that this happened. Hopefully he can recover - small comfort is he got a move, with sign on I would assume, and is on a long term contract for decent wedge (£8k a week). He was on about £500 quid a week with us IIRC

If he's smart (ie doesn't be a footy player and blow dream money for most mere mortals) with his money he will be able to make a life out of this move.

Beto will come good, just needs to adapt. You can see at the RS game they were wary of his pace and power, he just looks a bit sluggish/not up to speed yet.

i wonder how different the narrative would have been if him spinning Konate would have led to a red card!

i’d like to see him and Danjuma come on in games as a pair, they looked very sharp against Sheffield United
or even if he had gotten away from him, he was running into loads of space and he's quick. I commented when he came on this was the game for him to do just this. Outrageous that Konate stayed on. That was a double game changer as we would have had a great opportunity and/or they should have been down to 10 too

or even if he had gotten away from him, he was running into loads of space and he's quick. I commented when he came on this was the game for him to do just this. Outrageous that Konate stayed on. That was a double game changer as we would have had a great opportunity and/or they should have been down to 10 too

Thats exactly what ive been saying about him.

On the counter, quick balls (typically through midfield) and hes in his element with a lot of pitch ahead of him

Very hard to stop without fouling him.

What's the verdict then? Can do it on a Wednesday evening in Doncaster but not against anyone half decent?

lol

Thats exactly what ive been saying about him.

On the counter, quick balls (typically through midfield) and hes in his element with a lot of pitch ahead of him

Very hard to stop without fouling him.
Exactly. Little point playing him as an 80s “big man” constantly. Need to get him into spaces where he can reach his (considerable) top speed. Not quick off the mark but he’s very fast. No-one is going shoulder to shoulder with him at those speeds and nicking the ball off him. They are picking up a yellow or falling over trying to lean on him. Obviously that isn’t a game plan and might only happen a couple of times per match, but no point him pinning his arse against a centre back and hoping Doucs can run off him without falling over his own feet.

This guy started as the main man and has v quickly become back-up to DCL. Can tell that it's affecting him from his body language. Needs to knuckle down and get to work.

Would like to see Dyche use him more though. Against teams like the RS I'd be starting Beto and bringing DCL on. Have him bash the defence around for 60 mins and then bring on the more mobile player to exploit that space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back