2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh yes I 100% agree with you.

With just the one caveat being that if its a 'name' (upcoming) on a challenging fee we should be open to it...

In the knowledge and belief that their value will also increase substantially.

When ive seen him, he's looked good on the counter with space or on the end of balls played into space between defenders.

I dont think hes being used correctly and so as we dont play to his strengths we should bank a sale and find someone suited to the way we want to play. Or someone to mould longer term like a Chermiti but a bit more developed.
We are not playing to his strengths, you can see him in games pointing to the ground, he wants the ball in front of him to his feet. Just because he is a 'big unit' doesn't mean he wants balls played into his head. Look at Haaland, he is a huge but balls to his head are probably the weakest part of his game.

Iunderstand your point about his style but my opinion differs from your, he is not a space hunter or something (DCL is more of that).He sseems like a proper back to the goal striker but is blessed with speed. He will thrive with a good second striker who can come 'to the table'

We are not playing to his strengths, you can see him in games pointing to the ground, he wants the ball in front of him to his feet. Just because he is a 'big unit' doesn't mean he wants balls played into his head. Look at Haaland, he is a huge but balls to his head are probably the weakest part of his game.

The balls to his head like you say Simon are not his game. Its bizarre and reminds me of how Onana is incorrectly used even when delivering performances the previous game....same as Garner.

Give Beto the ball on the half way line in a counter attack situation and he'll cause carnage. Likewise in between defenders put the ball in front of him.

Give it to his feet if hes deeper between their defence/midfield but dont punt it to his head...its crazy

The balls to his head like you say Simon are not his game. Its bizarre and reminds me of how Onana is incorrectly used even when delivering performances the previous game....same as Garner.

Give Beto the ball on the half way line in a counter attack situation and he'll cause carnage. Likewise in between defenders put the ball in front of him.

Give it to his feet if hes deeper between their defence/midfield but dont punt it to his head...its crazy
it's only crazy right now, it will be a different story once Dyche is through.

Not been impressed with him at all. Just wondered around at half pace when he came on and didn’t hold a single ball up. £35m doesn’t buy you much nowadays

Not been impressed with him at all. Just wondered around at half pace when he came on and didn’t hold a single ball up. £35m doesn’t buy you much nowadays
It's so weird, made a really good run back to stop a counter attack but no way near enough the amount of pressing when required.

If Dyche is not going to play a 4-4-2, then he just isn't going to get enough time to impact games IMO.

Would love to see him get a full 90 against some lesser teams but then what do you do with Dom? If he is fit, he has to start.

Comments are a bit harsh. We offered nothing going forward when down to ten. When he got the ball he was pretty much up against 2-3 players.

Comments are a bit harsh. We offered nothing going forward when down to ten. When he got the ball he was pretty much up against 2-3 players.
Agree, DCL wasn't doing much so it had to be changed up and then we found the reason DCL wasn't doing much because they were not being brought into the game and starved of decent service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back