2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had chances with the likes of Moffi and Boniface and failed to take them, the likes of Orban, Ferguson and Balogun are way out of our league. better off going in for the likes of that young Swedish lad Roony Bardghji (plays for FC Copenhagen) or Faris Moumbagna, young Cameroonian lad playing in Norway for Bodo. Both players are getting recognition for their play, get them in before the big boys get them.
Tbh honest not worth signing players we won’t play because are league position is to dangerous to risk young players finding there way in the game.

Hopefully we can get him enough appearances so that he can bag 5/10 goals this season and sell him next year for 20-30m with them paying mostly upfront , would essentially mean he cost us nothing .

Obviously I would love for him to improve and take DCL place and keep him but I am not sure that is likely

Tbh honest not worth signing players we won’t play because are league position is to dangerous to risk young players finding there way in the game.
We need to be finding players before they become 'names' it's the only way we will survive, bring them in, then sell them on after a few seasons. 777 will do exactly that as their recruitment is very data driven. Gone will be the days of this 'PL experience' nonsense that has crippled this club for years with average to poor players.

We need to be finding players before they become 'names' it's the only way we will survive, bring them in, then sell them on after a few seasons. 777 will do exactly that as their recruitment is very data driven. Gone will be the days of this 'PL experience' nonsense that has crippled this club for years with average to poor players.
I agree in principal. But we need to be in that comfortable 14th-08th position in the league to make that work.
Then we can enjoy the thrill of playing for nothing but developing the next world class players for the larger more successful teams.
I would take that now… but we should probably view Braithwaite as our next breakthrough / major incoming fee.

Time to be the hero we all long for, you dorky looking, clumsy, KFC working, out of your depth, Oumar Niasse upgrade.

Score today & I'll reduce my slander down to just 'dork'. ;)

Ole, ole, ole, oleeeee....

I remember in his first interview after being asked what can Evertonians expect, he claimed "I cannot promise goals but I can promise to give it my all".

At the time, I thought what a humble & conservative response - showing the right mentality, building even more curiosity and excitement for the fans.

Now I'm looking back on that line and thinking what he actually said is, "you've just re-signed the brother of Oumar Niasse who stole his greens at the dinner table".

I agree with your idea but going on YouTube channels or looking at the football manager database for the next big talents is not the way we need to go.

We need to create our own database that we can use to find players that fit the model and style of play we want to adopt long term.

Once we know what that style is, we can pick a handful of key metrics for the type of players we want in the positions for that style of play.

You can even take that further from a data analytics point of view and look at the who the best players in history were at what we wanted from each position and then look at what they were doing and capable of at 18-21. From that you can have an idea of the starting point you should be looking and then you hope that you can nurture them so they end up being close to those best players you benchmarked them against in the first place.

That’s how you’d approach it from a data modelling point of view but the trick is to employ the people who can do it better than the rest because that is what all the clubs who don’t have infinite resources will be trying to do.

We arent dealing solely with data so it would need to be a mix of data analysis and scouting.

Thats the single most interesting point with 777 but I dont see it being used by them currently.

Give me a keeper that can come off there line to collect corners/crosses rather than leave them to the CB's then you will see us climb the table.

Beto is a godsend considering DCL's probs. When DCL is fit then great but if not fit then we have Beto rather than Maupay even Chermiti rather than Maupay

A large fee for Pickford while in his 'prime' years and I suspect it wouldnt be so difficult to find a replacement u23 level with plenty left over.

We had chances with the likes of Moffi and Boniface and failed to take them, the likes of Orban, Ferguson and Balogun are way out of our league. better off going in for the likes of that young Swedish lad Roony Bardghji (plays for FC Copenhagen) or Faris Moumbagna, young Cameroonian lad playing in Norway for Bodo. Both players are getting recognition for their play, get them in before the big boys get them.

You have to use both routes. The current 'unknowns' and also those making names for themselves but not overpriced.

Like Branthwaite, Onana or Garner?

May also magically find the next superstar with the right approach. A young Rooney would have us in the top 6.

Hopefully we can get him enough appearances so that he can bag 5/10 goals this season and sell him next year for 20-30m with them paying mostly upfront , would essentially mean he cost us nothing .

Obviously I would love for him to improve and take DCL place and keep him but I am not sure that is likely

Thats how I feel and even with DCL a major risk its time to twist because the fact Dyche talks about XG and were not putting chances away shows we need goalscorers.

Have players moved between their clubs? I see Retegui joined Genoa and that may be due to local scouting/data.

Beto is just not up to premier league speed yet, once his match fitness kicks in... we are in for a treat.

Only if we use a quick counter attacking style. Why would a player of his type improve with fitness?

We arent dealing solely with data so it would need to be a mix of data analysis and scouting.

Thats the single most interesting point with 777 but I dont see it being used by them currently.

A large fee for Pickford while in his 'prime' years and I suspect it wouldnt be so difficult to find a replacement u23 level with plenty left over.

You have to use both routes. The current 'unknowns' and also those making names for themselves but not overpriced.

May also magically find the next superstar with the right approach. A young Rooney would have us in the top 6.

Thats how I feel and even with DCL a major risk its time to twist because the fact Dyche talks about XG and were not putting chances away shows we need goalscorers.

Have players moved between their clubs? I see Retegui joined Genoa and that may be due to local scouting/data.

Only if we use a quick counter attacking style. Why would a player of his type improve with fitness?
The point was that I doubt they will looking at big money 'names' Zat, I think they will use data to find Onana and Branthwaite types that can come here for a season or two then be flipped for big money. There was some story (from the BBC i think) that 777 were not overly impressed with Thelwell's 3 year recruitment strategy/plans.

It's match fitness I'm saying that he seems off pace with his moves and such, even against Bournemouth. He'll link up better with more match fitness.

The point was that I doubt they will looking at big money 'names' Zat, I think they will use data to find Onana and Branthwaite types that can come here for a season or two then be flipped for big money. There was some story (from the BBC i think) that 777 were not overly impressed with Thelwell's 3 year recruitment strategy/plans.

Ahh yes I 100% agree with you.

With just the one caveat being that if its a 'name' (upcoming) on a challenging fee we should be open to it...

In the knowledge and belief that their value will also increase substantially.

It's match fitness I'm saying that he seems off pace with his moves and such, even against Bournemouth. He'll link up better with more match fitness.

When ive seen him, he's looked good on the counter with space or on the end of balls played into space between defenders.

I dont think hes being used correctly and so as we dont play to his strengths we should bank a sale and find someone suited to the way we want to play. Or someone to mould longer term like a Chermiti but a bit more developed.

Ahh yes I 100% agree with you.

With just the one caveat being that if its a 'name' (upcoming) on a challenging fee we should be open to it...

In the knowledge and belief that their value will also increase substantially.

When ive seen him, he's looked good on the counter with space or on the end of balls played into space between defenders.

I dont think hes being used correctly and so as we dont play to his strengths we should bank a sale and find someone suited to the way we want to play. Or someone to mould longer term like a Chermiti but a bit more developed.
Iunderstand your point about his style but my opinion differs from your, he is not a space hunter or something (DCL is more of that).He sseems like a proper back to the goal striker but is blessed with speed. He will thrive with a good second striker who can come 'to the table'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back