2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
….ffs, we haven’t even bought Beto yet and you‘re looking to sell him. you were praising Thelwell for signing him a few weeks ago.

Nothing wrong with the signing, if we use a quick counter attacking style.

If DCL stays fit he is a £50 million plus player easily.

Definitely. Id say £60mil-70mil but still a big worry on his fitness. I think it would be more like £45mil incl a few clauses due to fitness.

I'm sorry Zat. I usually find something of interest and amusement in your posts but this one is just bonkers.
The notion that this team stays up and could flourish without an established striker is for the birds

Depends on who the forward is right?

Pickford we need to move on. Imagine the fee we could get right before he goes downhill.

DCL how can we afford to have a valuable asset with so many serious injury layoff concerns?

Who is the U23 goal scorer (at PL level) with bags of pace star forward who's coming to Everton for £50M?

What do you mean "at PL level" someone currently playing in the premier league?

Id happily take a breakeven deal end of the season.

Whats wrong with selling both DCL and Beto? Use the funds on 2 replacements.

If we could get the £21.5mil back for Beto and a £30mil fee (with bonuses) going up to £45mil for DCL...

...id do that deal and bring in one u23 aged star forward with pace that can score.

He looked decent when we counter attack. But doesnt look suited to the team otherwise.

He can have all the chances he wants but if hes not being used effectively whats the point?
Easy saying sell both both who do you get, i get it with dcl but i still hope we can keep the lad and is over his problems now. The lad is quality and not a chance we can bring in a player at his level

Easy saying sell both both who do you get, i get it with dcl but i still hope we can keep the lad and is over his problems now. The lad is quality and not a chance we can bring in a player at his level

@ClausThomsen

Just watched Tifo on youtube, these are the names they mentioned as the new generation of goalscorers.

Clearly we wont have a chance with some but there are options out there.

Gift Orban
Mateo Retegui
Marcos Leonardo
Karim Konate
Mathys Tel
Evan Ferguson
Folarin Balogun
Lois Openda
Victor Boniface
Benjamin Sesko
Terem Moffi

@ClausThomsen

Just watched Tifo on youtube, these are the names they mentioned as the new generation of goalscorers.

Gift Orban
Mateo Retegui
Marcos Leonardo
Karim Konate
Mathys Tel
Evan Ferguson
Folarin Balogun
Lois Openda
Victor Boniface
Benjamin Sesko
Terem Moffi

Even with my limited knowledge I know the more established of them aren't coming to Everton and certainly not below £50M. Half of them are going to CL clubs for their next moves if they aren't there or thereabouts already.

The rest are huge risks still with no real goalscoring pedigree and going with one of them & Chermiti as a forward line would be a ridiculous gamble. A Tifo video is no more the basis for scouting and genuine transfer options than the FM23 database.

@ClausThomsen

Gift Orban
Mateo Retegui
Marcos Leonardo
Karim Konate
Mathys Tel
Evan Ferguson
Folarin Balogun
Lois Openda
Victor Boniface
Benjamin Sesko
Terem Moffi
I agree with your idea but going on YouTube channels or looking at the football manager database for the next big talents is not the way we need to go.

We need to create our own database that we can use to find players that fit the model and style of play we want to adopt long term.

Once we know what that style is, we can pick a handful of key metrics for the type of players we want in the positions for that style of play.

You can even take that further from a data analytics point of view and look at the who the best players in history were at what we wanted from each position and then look at what they were doing and capable of at 18-21. From that you can have an idea of the starting point you should be looking and then you hope that you can nurture them so they end up being close to those best players you benchmarked them against in the first place.

That’s how you’d approach it from a data modelling point of view but the trick is to employ the people who can do it better than the rest because that is what all the clubs who don’t have infinite resources will be trying to do.

I agree with your idea but going on YouTube channels or looking at the football manager database for the next big talents is not the way we need to go.

We need to create our own database that we can use to find players that fit the model and style of play we want to adopt long term.

Once we know what that style is, we can pick a handful of key metrics for the type of players we want in the positions for that style of play.

You can even take that further from a data analytics point of view and look at the who the best players in history were at what we wanted from each position and then look at what they were doing and capable of at 18-21. From that you can have an idea of the starting point you should be looking and then you hope that you can nurture them so they end up being close to those best players you benchmarked them against in the first place.

That’s how you’d approach it from a data modelling point of view but the trick is to employ the people who can do it better than the rest because that is what all the clubs who don’t have infinite resources will be trying to do.
The football manager database is widely used within the game. The network of scouting that SI have is massive and way beyond what any of the actual clubs have and goes into pretty much every country you can think of. They actually make a special version of the database for clubs to use, it's merely a tool like every other resource though.
Yes, we do need our own resource database but the best way of doing that is to look and take information (no matter how big or how small) from anywhere, if you take Brighton, they have a team of people who watch and record the details of every single professional football match in every league each week in every country around the world, then they narrow things down from there.
The going back in history thing is a bad idea imo, the game has moved on and what was required in certain positions previously is very different now, look at Goalkeepers. Gone are the days where they just stood there waiting for some action then did a few star jumps or a superman dive, these days a keeper is expected to be able to pass and dribble the ball halfway up the pitch!
Key metrics for positions, well tbh if we are not doing that in our recruitment already then we should be imo.

The football manager database is widely used within the game. The network of scouting that SI have is massive and way beyond what any of the actual clubs have and goes into pretty much every country you can think of. They actually make a special version of the database for clubs to use, it's merely a tool like every other resource though.
Yes, we do need our own resource database but the best way of doing that is to look and take information (no matter how big or how small) from anywhere, if you take Brighton, they have a team of people who watch and record the details of every single professional football match in every league each week in every country around the world, then they narrow things down from there.
The going back in history thing is a bad idea imo, the game has moved on and what was required in certain positions previously is very different now, look at Goalkeepers. Gone are the days where they just stood there waiting for some action then did a few star jumps or a superman dive, these days a keeper is expected to be able to pass and dribble the ball halfway up the pitch!
Key metrics for positions, well tbh if we are not doing that in our recruitment already then we should be imo.
Give me a keeper that can come off there line to collect corners/crosses rather than leave them to the CB's then you will see us climb the table.

Beto is a godsend considering DCL's probs. When DCL is fit then great but if not fit then we have Beto rather than Maupay even Chermiti rather than Maupay

Give me a keeper that can come off there line to collect corners/crosses rather than leave them to the CB's then you will see us climb the table.

Beto is a godsend considering DCL's probs. When DCL is fit then great but if not fit then we have Beto rather than Maupay even Chermiti rather than Maupay
Agree on the goalkeeper, although I'm not convinced on Beto, time will tell but he has never ripped up any tree's previously.

@ClausThomsen

Gift Orban
Mateo Retegui
Marcos Leonardo
Karim Konate
Mathys Tel
Evan Ferguson
Folarin Balogun
Lois Openda
Victor Boniface
Benjamin Sesko
Terem Moffi
11 good options, that can't be denied....

None will play for Everton until 2030.

11 good options, that can't be denied....

None will play for Everton until 2030.
We had chances with the likes of Moffi and Boniface and failed to take them, the likes of Orban, Ferguson and Balogun are way out of our league. better off going in for the likes of that young Swedish lad Roony Bardghji (plays for FC Copenhagen) or Faris Moumbagna, young Cameroonian lad playing in Norway for Bodo. Both players are getting recognition for their play, get them in before the big boys get them.

I don’t disagree with you at all mate. As for the going back in history, I wouldn’t say that we look at Dixie Dean’s numbers when he was 18 and try to replicate that. I mean going back in history but only in so far as the game and comparison stays the same.

I appreciate the game has moved on in certain areas so you can only go back a limited amount of time but it’s a useful exercise.

Sadly I don’t think some of these things are what Everton are or have been doing.

Lad needs time made up he's here finally backup at least thought he was a handful at Brentford, clinging on to that me

Think he might have a role to play off the bench today. Sit on him Dyke with 20 minutes to go and we might grab a consolation to make it 5-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back