Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say he is much more difficult to knock off the ball than Dom. If you get him ahead of his man (*cough bad offsides call) he will be away and be more of a counter attacking threat. But you have Dom that is ever improving with his footwork and can hit it with both feet and score some spectacular aerial goals. We have the perfect stable of donkeys. Chermo has the perfect mentors

I think he's been excellent since he's arrived , the goals will arrive enventually. He is able hold the ball up which other than DCL no one else really does besides docoure but he can actually retain the ball unlike him. Gets in dangerous positions and drags defenders from they're set positions and seems to have some skills in the air and heading the ball. I think the impact he's made in such a sparse amount of time is encouraging

Got absolute faith in this lad. No league goals but everything else. He’s a handful, you just know defenders have a torrid time dealing with him physically. Draws space for the wingers. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that Dom has been better either. Having someone to soften up the defence, share the load with and challenge for the same position can only help both. Happy for both of them, Beto’s time will come. He’ll score and I’m sure we’ll see him kick on more

Hopefully it's not a guaranteed £30m ffs. Initial impressions suggest £15 would be ok. Hopefully he can hit the heights of a £30m player though.

€25mil with €5mil in potential add ons.

So at the moment its nothing paid until next year and as things stand £21.5mil would be the fee.

If he can get to double figures this season we could make a profit on him before paying a penny. Hopefully he adapts and improves.

€25mil with €5mil in potential add ons.

So at the moment its nothing paid until next year and as things stand £21.5mil would be the fee.

If he can get to double figures this season we could make a profit on him before paying a penny. Hopefully he adapts and improves.

…I think what you see is what you get. He’s a right handful, he’s competitive and has decent athleticism. He’s not technically gifted so his threat will be with balls played behind the CBs. I think he’ll be hit or miss when it comes to converting chances but he gives us a decent back-up to DCL.

…I think what you see is what you get. He’s a right handful, he’s competitive and has decent athleticism. He’s not technically gifted so his threat will be with balls played behind the CBs. I think he’ll be hit or miss when it comes to converting chances but he gives us a decent back-up to DCL.

Thats right eggs.

I have had a sneaking suspicion with him though...with the way the deal is structured and the value fee we brought him in for -- as well as the Chermiti signing.

I wonder if this season is about getting DCL back up and running and developing Chermiti to be ready for next season.

Then seeking a profit on Beto before we need to pay anything for him.

Could be way off but im not sure we plan to have all three competing next season for one position.

Collymore just bigged him up on TalkShoite. Said he saw him as a cash cow in not so many words.

Thats right eggs.

I have had a sneaking suspicion with him though...with the way the deal is structured and the value fee we brought him in for -- as well as the Chermiti signing.

I wonder if this season is about getting DCL back up and running and developing Chermiti to be ready for next season.

Then seeking a profit on Beto before we need to pay anything for him.

Could be way off but im not sure we plan to have all three competing next season for one position.

As much as this would make sense, I don't necessarily think you can put a timeframe on player development like that. Chermiti is a bit of a gamble and I think it could be years before it bears fruit (Might even need to loan him, and get in a cheap 3rd option in later seasons). From the very limited game time I've seen of Chermiti, I would say he was a long way off Beto and DCL.

This is probably the most strength at centre forward we've had since yak and saha were both at the club. We've especially struggled in recent years just relying on one striker. To even consider selling one of Beto and DCL at this stage seems premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back