2023/24 Beto

I can't stand the way some of our fans have this strange desire to write off new signings before they're given a fair crack.

It's almost as if they enjoy it.

Happens with nearly every player we sign. Other can't wait to call them sh1te.
Wich players have we done it with and turned out good?

Have we made any good signings in past 10 years?

The last 3 pages are an astonishing read.

He was the answer to all our prayers a few weeks ago after his first couple of appearances. Seems he’s been written off already by quite a few.

What a weird collection of individuals this forum seems to harvest. It’s like some people no matter what, or what they have seen before just cannot wait to write a player off and deem them not fit for the not mighty Everton.

pinch of salt. I take that with most forum comments.
And i think in betos case it was the 2 year build up of frustration that this club never bought a centre forward. He might be getting a bit of that rather than personally anything against him that he's not silky and hit the ground running.

I think part of it is that all players have bad days and runs of poor form but obviously the lower your base is the worse that is going to look and a lot of our players aren’t starting at a high base. Beto did look awful on Saturday there’s no getting away from it I’m sure that won’t be his normal standard but if you play like that people are going to have a go because it was really bad. I think he’ll be alright he has a lot to like about him but raw is a kind description at the moment. We’ve also had so many bad signings in the last few years that people are just naturally conditioned to the idea that we’ve made another one.
Lets judge him after 10 games and let's see.
I hopetghe lad keeps going and a couple of goals in the League will hopefully come soon, and help him settle in to some form and confidence.

To be honest I'm yet to see the hard work as it very much looks like he trots around the pitch barely touching the ball.

Don't get me wrong, the system is set up for him to fail, but I don't see him sprinting to close down opposition players and I certainly don't see him dominating in the air.

Probably got his first real pay packet as a professional footballer, seeing at 16th the ahi he was working at KFC.

Probably hasn’t slept since and will be a dry van der Mayde in a couple of weeks .