2024/25 Beto

He has a different type of nuisance value as in he causes panic when he's up against a weak backline. So he's good at forcing errors and I think he'd grab 7-8 goals a season from nuisance value alone.

But he has some huge flaws in his game that can't be ignored.

If its between him and DCL currently, well Beto gets the nod as he's found the back of the net so the shirt should be his to lose.
Beto won’t get a PL start while DCL is fit, and as bad as DCL is Beto is on another level.

I'm so glad he scored his goal last night, as he worked incredibly hard and held the ball up really well. However, his decision-making needs significant improvement. There were several occasions where a simple through ball was all that was needed, but instead, he chose to put his head down and attempt to dribble through their entire backline.

I love Beto and you can see what it means to him to score for this great club.
That's all down to his eagerness to put the ball in the net.

He knows he has limited opportunities under Dyche, so at times he can be guilty of trying to overcompensate for that.

The thing I like about him most is his engine. He still goes at full pelt well into the dying embers of games.

Said it when he joined us, so so raw, and thats to be expected as he has no pro academy education.

He has got to the level he is, by his freakish size & athletic ability plus his huge heart, work rate and effort......he will always do a job and get some goals at every level becaus of those atributes.

Its just a shame we can't carry him due to finances etc, as he is the perfect back up / plan B striker.

Beto's enthusiasm is great it is clear for everyone to see., he wants to succeed so badly. The issue I have he will miss a lot of chances , the header being the perfect example and he tried his best to mess his chances up with his goal with a bloody awful 1st touch, luckily the goalkeeper did not come out for it. I like Beto and he will be a great player to bring on as a sub, but if by any chance DCL does go (looks likely) and we are left with Beto as his only replacement it going to be a struggle.

Beto might be raw but he works his nackers off and is always working hard to try and score. Also his hold up looks to be improving a bit he is also trying to get involved, when sometimes DCL is passive. I also like that ge tries to run in behind we dont have enough of that. I think some people are harsh on him partly because if the price tag(which was too high bit probably dictated by how little it was up front) I'd like him to get a run, getting just fifteen twenty minutes at the end of games doesn't work for this lad

Beto might be raw but he works his nackers off and is always working hard to try and score. Also his hold up looks to be improving a bit he is also trying to get involved, when sometimes DCL is passive. I also like that ge tries to run in behind we dont have enough of that. I think some people are harsh on him partly because if the price tag(which was too high bit probably dictated by how little it was up front) I'd like him to get a run, getting just fifteen twenty minutes at the end of games doesn't work for this lad
I’d say he was crap if he cost a pound, the fee doesn’t really come into it. I don’t think he cost 28 mil and he’s garbage or he cost 10mil, still garbage but it’s only 10mil so no worries.

Some fans are looking for something with Beto that’s not there, we seen all before it with Sandro, niasse and tosun

i get the argument that DCL is a better player than Beto. However we need a striker that works hard.

DCL gets so few chances per game because his workrate/instincts to be in and around the box are so limited. Beto will miss more chances because he works harder to be in a position to get more chances.

In a different set up/ with a different attitude, DCL is the choice everyday. Right now, with our options it should be Beto over DCL every game.

Yes, he's raw but I think we could easily see a 15-20 a season fan favourite with another year's development - those who criticise forget he's missed about 10 years of academy coaching compared to his peers. Play him 5 games straight and show a bit of support and patience and I think we'll start to see him hit his stride with better overall return than Calvert-Zoolander who's hold up play is vastly overated with neat, pointless layoffs without turning into space to benefit from them. Beto is far better at the second aspect, don't think he'll have a lot to do to improve improve on the former. With his infectious enthusiasm he's a cert to be a willing student. I also loved that he was on everyone's case soon as he wasn't receiving a pass - Calvert-Zoolander far too nicey nicey and 'elite' for that kind of scurrilousness but it keeps everyone on their toes and reminds them their job is to provide chances for him which duly came.

Yes, he's raw but I think we could easily see a 15-20 a season fan favourite with another year's development - those who criticise forget he's missed about 10 years of academy coaching compared to his peers. Play him 5 games straight and show a bit of support and patience and I think we'll start to see him hit his stride with better overall return than Calvert-Zoolander who's hold up play is vastly overated with neat, pointless layoffs without turning into space to benefit from them. Beto is far better at the second aspect, don't think he'll have a lot to do to improve improve on the former. With his infectious enthusiasm he's a cert to be a willing student. I also loved that he was on everyone's case soon as he wasn't receiving a pass - Calvert-Zoolander far too nicey nicey and 'elite' for that kind of scurrilousness but it keeps everyone on their toes and reminds them their job is to provide chances for him which duly came.
15-20 goals 😂😂😂 stay off the drugs mate

15-20 goals 😂😂😂 stay off the drugs mate
So you expect a player who was working for KFC just a few short years ago to be completely up to scratch on 10 years of academy coaching he missed out on after just a season in a new, highly competitive league? Boo him if you like mate. Do you want him to fail? He already has a far better goal/assists rate per minutes than Calvert-Zoolander after his first season. He won't do any worse and his enthusiasm will have a better effect on those around him, guaranteed.

I'm glad MJA and Blueboy72 are having a great laugh and a sneer at a bit of optimism. Why do ye even support Everton? Do you want us to fail?
Just because i disagree with your opinion about Beto doesnt mean i want Everton to fail. Are you gonna call out every poster who gives you any type of emoji or just the ones you dont like? Grow up eh? Beto tries but is crap and if you are happy for him to lead the line all season good luck to ya. I think if he leads the line all season we are bang in trouble.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back