2024/25 Beto

So you expect a player who was working for KFC just a few short years ago to be completely up to scratch on 10 years of academy coaching he missed out on after just a season in a new, highly competitive league? Boo him if you like mate. Do you want him to fail? He already has a far better goal/assists rate per minutes than Calvert-Zoolander after his first season. He won't do any worse and his enthusiasm will have a better effect on those around him, guaranteed.
At 21 he was in the Portuguese top division and was in Italy for 2 years and now he’s had a year in England, you’re making out he was flipping burgers on the prom in Rhyl last summer.

He’s 27 in January he ain’t improving on anything technical, he is what he is, which isn’t very good. I won’t boo him, I’m just disgusted our, owner/board, DOF and manager who thought he’d be a good signing at 27 million quid. It’s there job to look in to his career and make a sound judgement. And having a better goal per minutes than DCL is nothing to write home about, plenty of journeymen strikers in the prem also do. He will be gone next summer and should never been leading the line for us in a regular basis

I do get the feeling that people don't want it to work for him just because he's not DCL.
Saying you dont rate him doesnt mean you dont want it to work for him. I want him to be the Premier league top scorer this season but it aint happening. Just because you hope and think hell get goals doesnt make it so. Just for the record im no great fan of DCL either.

So you expect a player who was working for KFC just a few short years ago to be completely up to scratch on 10 years of academy coaching he missed out on after just a season in a new, highly competitive league? Boo him if you like mate. Do you want him to fail? He already has a far better goal/assists rate per minutes than Calvert-Zoolander after his first season. He won't do any worse and his enthusiasm will have a better effect on those around him, guaranteed.

I don't want him to fail. I want him to score goals. That he served delicious fried chicken 6 years ago is completely irrelevant.

At 21 he was in the Portuguese top division and was in Italy for 2 years and now he’s had a year in England, you’re making out he was flipping burgers on the prom in Rhyl last summer.

He’s 27 in January he ain’t improving on anything technical, he is what he is, which isn’t very good. I won’t boo him, I’m just disgusted our, owner/board, DOF and manager who thought he’d be a good signing at 27 million quid. It’s there job to look in to his career and make a sound judgement. And having a better goal per minutes than DCL is nothing to write home about, plenty of journeymen strikers in the prem also do. He will be gone next summer and should never been leading the line for us in a regular basis
😆 🤣 😂

The problem is has no technical ability 🙄

so many times last night he did well to hold up the ball but his decision making and passing are horrendous!

That's why dcl starts aheadhof him, he's a tryer with good physically and decent finisher but all round game is poor

Plenty of times he got into good positions...then thought it was Sunday league and decided not to make the easy pass but run through 5 defenders instead.

Dom probably makes the pass. But then he doesn't get the return...or misses the return completely.

That's where the thing falls apart. Never just 1 individual.

Let's boo him and laugh at anyone who has a bit of optimism for him then mate.

I’ve seen this optimism before, like I mentioned earlier. Niasse, Tosun, Sandro, even the strikers you’re named after at least Strac didn’t cost us much
Maybe you like a crap striker, I don’t
Booooooooo. Let's all hope he fails, with no other striker fit at the club when Calvert-Zoolander. Booooooooo. That'll make him better. Once you're right that's all that matters.

If Calvert-Zoolander gets his move this week and they get similar minutes this season I'd fancy Beto to score more with similar minutes. Likely double the output, as his minutes per goal/assists already for Everton have parity despite 60% less minutes.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back