Big 4 monopoly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me mar offered to buy me a pair of Nicks trainers when I was wee. I declined.

This is no way a slur on the name Nicholas which I happen think is a fine name, possibly because of Nicholas Cage.

I have heard it mentioned several times now on the radio & TV that there is a 'big five' rather than a big four. Have we finally started to get some recognition?

Or perhaps its more even than that? - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=515315&cc=5739

"Davey added: 'I think any of the four teams can win it now. There's no big-six clubs. The Liverpools, the Chelseas, the Man Uniteds, the Arsenals, the Tottenhams, the Evertons are all out."

Or perhaps its more even than that? - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=515315&cc=5739

"Davey added: 'I think any of the four teams can win it now. There's no big-six clubs. The Liverpools, the Chelseas, the Man Uniteds, the Arsenals, the Tottenhams, the Evertons are all out."

Your forgetting that Davey is a big mate of Moyes, says he owes everything to our gaffer, he'll have been primed(y)

Your forgetting that Davey is a big mate of Moyes, says he owes everything to our gaffer, he'll have been primed(y)

tru perhaps, but he's not the first manger of late who has talked about us in such terms, there have been a couple others, tho cant remember who atm... seems in the eyes of the managers of the league we are geting that respect, even if the media arent quite as quick to pick up on it...

tbh i have never really considered it a big 4 anyway. it's only since the arrival of whatshisface's millyonaires and liverpool underacheivin slightly less specatacularly the last few seasons that the term has become popular...its not like it been this way for a generation....i really only consider le arse and manure as perenial challengers.. those other 2 are just johnny come lately flash in the pan pretenders... things can change again just as quick :)

tru perhaps, but he's not the first manger of late who has talked about us in such terms, there have been a couple others, tho cant remember who atm... seems in the eyes of the managers of the league we are geting that respect, even if the media arent quite as quick to pick up on it...

tbh i have never really considered it a big 4 anyway. it's only since the arrival of whatshisface's millyonaires and liverpool underacheivin slightly less specatacularly the last few seasons that the term has become popular...its not like it been this way for a generation....i really only consider le arse and manure as perenial challengers.. those other 2 are just johnny come lately flash in the pan pretenders... things can change again just as quick :)

Agreed Phil, the title itself is a Sky invention perpetuated by the likes of Andy Gray, they should be ashamed as it is insulting to the majority of clubs and supporters(n)

the holy grail of success

to become a big 4 team its right here man u 1993 right place at the right time
brought through the ranks cost very little worth all the worlds gold why young
talented players moulded and given time to gel together for 6+years Scholes
gigs,butt etc,they had the jump on the rest of us.and off the field early nineties man airport duty free manu whisky commercially out there on their own.ARSENAL remember borin borin arsenal George graham set the foundations with donkey adams turned into captain eaww went on to play for england again hada settled team with a good work ethic.Along came a nobody who has turned into a great manager who knows european football has a fantastic back roomstaff now teaching the conveyor belt kids who cost nothing LIAM BRADYCHELSEA along came a fairy godmother and granted threewishesunfortunatelythe third wish was grant,ed no back room staff no foundation just money
LIVERPOOL top 4 due to 25yrs of success used to have a great backroom
staff but broken up EVERTON had great success in the eighties but prevented from playing ineurope Main director dies sold to a red F.A cup 95 now have a
base to work from the second coming after the great Bill Shankly DAVEY M

For the sake of football I want us to win the title but never to be called a big four side but rather the club that broke the monopoly

For the sake of football I want us to win the title but never to be called a big four side but rather the club that broke the monopoly

Maybe if we then fall back to the position we are in now (or worse). But what if we keep rising and win the Premiership in the next few years and stay near the top?

Maybe we never will be viewed in the same way as the current "big 4" but the more success we have a as a club the more the media are going to latch on to us, especially if the [Poor language removed] or Chelsea go right down the shitter.

Of course i wouldn't dream of not wanting success but like the saying goes : be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back