Big 4 monopoly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you intervene in such a patronising way here Dylan? I thought the whole purpose of a website forum was to encourage the exchange of opinions and healthy debate.

You surely can't expect someone like me not to reply when someone else's come-back to them is 100% unsubstantiated, inaccurate and starting to get personal. Do you only have a right to reply on here if you've made 7,432 posts and are a part of some kind of an "in crowd"...? Seriously, I'd welcome your reply.

Thanks,

NickK

Make no mistake, you are one bad melt.

You came on here and had a go at his post and now you're trying to dictate how things are on a forum you've only just joined. Way to go, boss first impression that.

How about you play nice or I will ban you*

* Im not a moderator, but my mate is. MICK????????

You came on here and had a go at his post and now you're trying to dictate how things are on a forum you've only just joined. Way to go, boss first impression that.

From my many many years of various forum exploits i have come to the conclusion that anyone who waffles on about postcounts and in-crowds is just gonna be an argumentitve pain in the ass who moans a lot.

Originally Posted by chicoazul

From my many many years of various forum exploits i have come to the conclusion that anyone who waffles on about postcounts and in-crowds is just gonna be an argumentitve pain in the ass who moans a lot.

OK, chicoazul and deathbyropeandglass, thank for your comments....Maybe you'll now check back to what it was you were commenting on and find that the person who brought the number of posts etc into it was none other than toffeestillidie. Oh yeah, and for the record, I didn't "attack" the guy's original post (which I found interesting enough to comment on, albeit a bit uninformed) only his racist stereotyping of DIC. And as for dictating how this forum is run, well, since I disagree with any personal abuse, or threats to ban people arbitrarily and subjectively in these situations, I'm clearly an unwanted minority view, so please carry on and enjoy abusing other people with well-argued opinions who (briefly) dare to post on YOUR forum...

OK, chicoazul and deathbyropeandglass, thank for your comments....Maybe you'll now check back to what it was you were commenting on and find that the person who brought the number of posts etc into it was none other than toffeestillidie. Oh yeah, and for the record, I didn't "attack" the guy's original post (which I found interesting enough to comment on, albeit a bit uninformed) only his racist stereotyping of DIC. And as for dictating how this forum is run, well, since I disagree with any personal abuse, or threats to ban people arbitrarily and subjectively in these situations, I'm clearly an unwanted minority view, so please carry on and enjoy abusing other people with well-argued opinions who (briefly) dare to post on YOUR forum...

racist stereotyping is a bit strong, dont you think?

maybe benefit of the doubt in such a primary instance?

had it been a build up of continuous racial slurs and comments, it wouldnt have been you that would have pointed out such misbehaviour.

a lot of your quoted post is opinion cast against supposed fact, and in relation to ''clearly an unwanted minority'' that is unfair to the board and those that do their best to keep it running.

maybe taking a breath and following the forum dynamic before wading in throwing aspersions around might be a better way forward.

racist stereotyping is a bit strong, dont you think?

maybe benefit of the doubt in such a primary instance?

had it been a build up of continuous racial slurs and comments, it wouldnt have been you that would have pointed out such misbehaviour.

a lot of your quoted post is opinion cast against supposed fact, and in relation to ''clearly an unwanted minority'' that is unfair to the board and those that do their best to keep it running.

maybe taking a breath and following the forum dynamic before wading in throwing aspersions around might be a better way forward.

Sorry mate, but suggesting DIc are pursuing "holy wars" is, in my humble opinion, racial/religious stereotyping, unless clear evidence is given of which holy war they're prosecuting.

My comment about appearing to be an "unwanted minority" is based on being variously called a kopite, a bad melt and an argumentative pain in the ass. Please point to any personal insults included in my posts....

As for your "forum dynamic" all I can conclude is that it involves kow-towing to the bullying posturing of the original poster and his cronies. Sorry, I've never given in to bullies and don't really fancy starting now. But you're right; I probably did take certain things too seriously, and maybe taking a breath's a good idea. Having said which, I 'kin hate injustice, and really can't see what I've said to warrant any abuse off some of these people here........

Sorry mate, but suggesting DIc are pursuing "holy wars" is, in my humble opinion, racial/religious stereotyping, unless clear evidence is given of which holy war they're prosecuting.

My comment about appearing to be an "unwanted minority" is based on being variously called a kopite, a bad melt and an argumentative pain in the ass. Please point to any personal insults included in my posts....

As for your "forum dynamic" all I can conclude is that it involves kow-towing to the bullying posturing of the original poster and his cronies. Sorry, I've never given in to bullies and don't really fancy starting now. But you're right; I probably did take certain things too seriously, and maybe taking a breath's a good idea. Having said which, I 'kin hate injustice, and really can't see what I've said to warrant any abuse off some of these people here........

fine post, it has IMO a lot of merit.

ps. it isnt "my" forum dynamic.

post to follow...

OK, "toffeestillidie", here are a few facts for you:
1) You take issue with the fact that I described you as being jingoistic in your initial post: You stated: (probably to keep funding their holy wars) about DIC (and thanks for the lesson, but I know exactly who they are....see point 4 below). Sorry, but that quote's using a sweeping generalisation in a racist way IMO. QED: jingoism.

you could have asked him on the board or the mods behind the scenes before getting in the trenches.

2) You put me down by citing how much you've done compared to me for world peace FFS. Sorry, but I wasn't entering the "let's see who can piss the highest" contest, simply using some facts and opinions to comment on your initial post, but well done on your good work Mother Theresa.

thats your opinion of 'pissing contest', it doesnt make it fact, it could have been reactionary to your allegations.

3) You suggest that I may be a "koppite" (sic) because (a) it was my first post on TW and (b) because I described the redshite as England's most successful club. There are 2 reasons for not posting much/at all. Firstly I despise the keyboard warrior mentality and the thin-skinned reactions (such as yours) to reasoned articles. Second, I thought Abraham Lincoln was spot-on when he said "'tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt". So I often browse without commenting. Is that OK? As for the rs, they ARE England's most successful ever club. We're 4th. I wish it were otherwise, but it ain't. I deal in FACTS. I suggest you start doing the same.

manure are britains most successful club, such a statement otherwise without clarification (mine is total trophies) is to invite speculation, especially on a board like this.

for seven posts in, to kick up a ruckus like this and pursue it is IMO worth taking note of.

"reasoned articles" -
perry mason said:
opinion your honour.
4) At no point did I suggest that DIC are driven by altruism; I accept and agree that there is huge self-interest and profit behind their actions. However, I did state (and stand by it) that they would drive and exploit the potential of LFC to great effect.
So, "ttid" feel free to disagree with any of my points and to come back with any properly supported counter arguments, but please cut out the crap. Ta! NickK

he could well consider your points crap, in your or his opinion 'properly supported', ''ta!'' doesnt help either.

one post can be misunderstood, a pattern of posts leads to an indication.

we are involved
in the medium of text, where comments are read on the terms of the reader, such differences with the writer are natural.

i believe ttid's comments were not as considered as he would have liked, reactionary perhaps, and worth a reconsider. Its not as though there is a catalogue of similar offenses with which to hang him because of.

time and tide.

its not a bad board this, members get a request then a warning if they get borderline, i got a warning for taking actions into my own hands, and right they were too.

Thanks for your post. I guess we'll leave it there; most of what you say is subjective, and you only refer to my response to the original poster's reply to me, when previous replies had been positive towards my points.... You are wrong, however, about ManUre....they have 29 domestic trophies to the redshite's 32. And we all know it's 5-2 in European cups, with Utd's 1-0 in ECWCs surpassed by Satan's 11's 3-0 in terms of UEFA Cups... See what I mean about hating to be "called" unjustly...?!!!

subjective?

*existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought.

surely it cuts both ways.

and i did refer to his post/s, thankyou.

as for manure, can you provide a breakdown of so called successes? 'domestic trophies' is a fairly loose term.

subjective?

*existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought.

surely it cuts both ways.

and i did refer to his post/s, thankyou.

as for manure, can you provide a breakdown of so called successes? 'domestic trophies' is a fairly loose term.

Yes, indeed, SuitsBlue; opinion is subjective, but when people start asserting that organisations are pursuing hostile objectives (i.e.; holy war) or that other people are kopites, "bad melts" etc, then surely they need some facts...?!

Talking of which, and I hate to come across all Statto-like, but the trophies won by LFc v MUFC are: League: 18-16. FA Cup: 7-11. League Cup: 7-2. EC/CL: 5-2. ECWC: 0-1. UEFA: 3-0. So the redshite have it 32-29 domestically, 8-3 in Europe. Makes you 'kin green with envy, doesn't it...? And to think that when I was born, we'd still won more than the bastards...!:@:unsure:

'domestic'

for starters.

Eh? You've lost me there. I've never been good at riddles...or cryptic crosswords for that matter.

Haven't I just proven that the redshite ARE this country's most successful team, both in terms of trophies won here and in European competition...? Sorry if this makes me a kopite as toffeestillidie would have it...

Whilst I agreed to just accept your advice about life on the Toffeeweb forum and "go quietly" I did warn you that I can't just let things lie when they're patently wrong, so I couldn't have you just shooting me down regarding Man U being more successful than those [Poor language removed] from across the park, could I...?!!

... manure are britains most successful club, such a statement otherwise without clarification (mine is total trophies) is to invite speculation, especially on a board like this.

i would speculate some old firm supporters might disagree with that comment

I have heard it mentioned several times now on the radio & TV that there is a 'big five' rather than a big four. Have we finally started to get some recognition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back