Big 4 monopoly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the thinking would be that "everyone else" thinks I'm an assclown.

Hypothetically of course.

the big four wont be premiership teams in the years to come,they will be playing in a european/asia league if the moneymn and sattelite tv stations get thier way,this 39th game is just the beginning of the end for the premiership

the big four wont be premiership teams in the years to come,they will be playing in a european/asia league if the moneymn and sattelite tv stations get thier way,this 39th game is just the beginning of the end for the premiership

Thats right, its just how the Prem took over the old first division, divide and conquer

OK, "toffeestillidie", here are a few facts for you:
1) You take issue with the fact that I described you as being jingoistic in your initial post: You stated: (probably to keep funding their holy wars) about DIC (and thanks for the lesson, but I know exactly who they are....see point 4 below). Sorry, but that quote's using a sweeping generalisation in a racist way IMO. QED: jingoism.
2) You put me down by citing how much you've done compared to me for world peace FFS. Sorry, but I wasn't entering the "let's see who can piss the highest" contest, simply using some facts and opinions to comment on your initial post, but well done on your good work Mother Theresa.
3) You suggest that I may be a "koppite" (sic) because (a) it was my first post on TW and (b) because I described the redshite as England's most successful club. There are 2 reasons for not posting much/at all. Firstly I despise the keyboard warrior mentality and the thin-skinned reactions (such as yours) to reasoned articles. Second, I thought Abraham Lincoln was spot-on when he said "'tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt". So I often browse without commenting. Is that OK? As for the rs, they ARE England's most successful ever club. We're 4th. I wish it were otherwise, but it ain't. I deal in FACTS. I suggest you start doing the same.
4) At no point did I suggest that DIC are driven by altruism; I accept and agree that there is huge self-interest and profit behind their actions. However, I did state (and stand by it) that they would drive and exploit the potential of LFC to great effect.
So, "ttid" feel free to disagree with any of my points and to come back with any properly supported counter arguments, but please cut out the crap. Ta! NickK

Nickk don't accuse me of being a jingoist, i'm sure i've spent more time working for anti-war efforts than you ever have. DIC are the investment arm of the Dubai government, the Dubai government's top priority believe it or not isn't going to be football, and considering the countries motivations in the region, if they ever want additional finances, they'll pull them from whatever assets they have, which includes liverpool fc. and besides, do you think the money the development of Dubai has brought in has actually gone to most of the people, along with westernization of technology they brought along the western ideal of the rich getting richer, don't kid yourself and act like they're some kind of saints, LFC would be a means to an end for them.

i'm not trying to get into a political debate here, so lets not drag the DIC's motivations part of this argument out, they're a business and they want to make money, whatever they'll use the money for is up to interpretation lets not be ridiculous about it.

i'm surprised someone would refer to liverpool as "this country's most successful football club", and a first time poster too nonetheless, koppite alert people?

OK, "toffeestillidie", here are a few facts for you:
1) You take issue with the fact that I described you as being jingoistic in your initial post: You stated: (probably to keep funding their holy wars) about DIC (and thanks for the lesson, but I know exactly who they are....see point 4 below). Sorry, but that quote's using a sweeping generalisation in a racist way IMO. QED: jingoism.
2) You put me down by citing how much you've done compared to me for world peace FFS. Sorry, but I wasn't entering the "let's see who can piss the highest" contest, simply using some facts and opinions to comment on your initial post, but well done on your good work Mother Theresa.
3) You suggest that I may be a "koppite" (sic) because (a) it was my first post on TW and (b) because I described the redshite as England's most successful club. There are 2 reasons for not posting much/at all. Firstly I despise the keyboard warrior mentality and the thin-skinned reactions (such as yours) to reasoned articles. Second, I thought Abraham Lincoln was spot-on when he said "'tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt". So I often browse without commenting. Is that OK? As for the rs, they ARE England's most successful ever club. We're 4th. I wish it were otherwise, but it ain't. I deal in FACTS. I suggest you start doing the same.
4) At no point did I suggest that DIC are driven by altruism; I accept and agree that there is huge self-interest and profit behind their actions. However, I did state (and stand by it) that they would drive and exploit the potential of LFC to great effect.
So, "ttid" feel free to disagree with any of my points and to come back with any properly supported counter arguments, but please cut out the crap. Ta! NickK

If you gentlemen would like to continue this, please take it to PM before we start saying really nasty things.

FAO Dylan

Why did you intervene in such a patronising way here Dylan? I thought the whole purpose of a website forum was to encourage the exchange of opinions and healthy debate.

You surely can't expect someone like me not to reply when someone else's come-back to them is 100% unsubstantiated, inaccurate and starting to get personal. Do you only have a right to reply on here if you've made 7,432 posts and are a part of some kind of an "in crowd"...? Seriously, I'd welcome your reply.

Thanks,

NickK

only forum members with exactly 9,306 posts get away with that [Poor language removed].

better get posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back