Big Dunc Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defenders he roughed up thought he was a right Cult :lol:- I will always remember a defender guarding the ball going out for a goal kick, down by the Gwladys street church corner flag & Dunc was trying to get his foot on the ball & he was being obstructed as they do & he just picked him up under his crotch & flung him over the line :lol:
Sol Campbell that, he basically curled about 90kg

Posted in the 'Funny Stuff' Thread, but deserves a re-post here:
IMG_7788.webp

Played a huge part in the run, but then Charles Charlestown Charles scored 28 in a game in 1928 against a side of fatties who all smoked 60 a day, imagine liking a player after that era, absolutely disgusting.
Scored the 4th goal in a 5-0 win over Norwich in the 5th round, the only goal he scored in the FA Cup that year. He did love the club though I just think he's massively over worshipped by some blues. As Joe Royle said he was a legend before he'd achieved much. Not fit to lace Bob Latchford's boots, my first number 9 hero

Scored the 4th goal in a 5-0 win over Norwich in the 5th round, the only goal he scored in the FA Cup that year. He did love the club though I just think he's massively over worshipped by some blues. As Joe Royle said he was a legend before he'd achieved much. Not fit to lace Bob Latchford's boots, my first number 9 hero
Was superb in quarter final against newcastle.

But then I personally think Eusabio was a better player so we can't praise Dunc

Was superb in quarter final against newcastle.

But then I personally think Eusabio was a better player so we can't praise Dunc
You can praise him if you like I personally think he could have given more than he did in his career as a whole as well as when he played for us. He had a lot of talent but lacked the determination, dedication and work ethic to become the player he could have been.

You can praise him if you like I personally think he could have given more than he did in his career as a whole as well as when he played for us. He had a lot of talent but lacked the determination, dedication and work ethic to become the player he could have been.
Kendal called him a tremendous trainer, Mcfadden confirmed it when he praised the extra hours he put in. As stated before he played with a undiagnosed compressed sciatic nerve for seasons and God knows what other injuries. He didn't fill his kecks in derbies unlike so called great pros like neville etc and his leadership kept the worse Everton team I've ever seen in 98 up. Pretending players have a bad attitude is our thing as a fanbase.

But then he didn't score as many as Dixie's Dean so he must have a bad attitude.

Mad shout this. Those who don’t rate Ferguson’s contribution (and there are a few) can accuse him of a few things (needless red cards, poor injury record, relatively low goals ratio for a striker etc), but to say he lacked determination or dedication is absolutely mental 😂

Mad shout this. Those who don’t rate Ferguson’s contribution (and there are a few) can accuse him of a few things (needless red cards, poor injury record, relatively low goals ratio for a striker etc), but to say he lacked determination or dedication is absolutely mental 😂
When he was on the pitch (well mostly in the big games) he did have that determination but I'm talking about the determination to eat right, train well, put in the hours, play through the pain barrier, be just as " up for it" against Burnley away as you are against Man United. I don't think he had that, but it's all a matter of opinion.

When he was on the pitch (well mostly in the big games) he did have that determination but I'm talking about the determination to eat right, train well, put in the hours, play through the pain barrier, be just as " up for it" against Burnley away as you are against Man United. I don't think he had that, but it's all a matter of opinion.
As @Walken has already pointed out earlier, Kendall and others are on record saying how much Ferguson put in to his training. If you have an issue with him not “playing through the pain barrier” with acute back / nerve injuries, that’s fair enough I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back