• Barmby

• Barkley

• Jeffers

• Xavier

• Arteta

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about being the biggest snake. I know players are all mercenaries, but arteta was genuinely loved by the Everton crowd 'as the best little Spaniard we know'. His conduct whilst playing for Arsenal against us, was disgraceful. When he looks back on it he should be ashamed.
Moyes took a cringeworthy 'send off' from the club and rammed it down our throats within days of being appointed united manager. I was made up, when he got the sack. His reputation as a 'top manager' has never been recovered and we evertonian's have never forgotten his conduct towards us whilst managing Utd.

The one that always sticks out for me is Lescott.

I think it sticks out more because Man City were literally worse than us in every single way 12 months prior whilst we were slowly building, that and Mark Hughes's antics throughout.

Genuinely hate Lescott though, his career other than 1 season at city has been absolutely turgid and he deserves it. His clothing line failed and he deserves that, he can't get a new club and he deserves that, he took an absolute hammering by the national press whilst at Villa and he deserves that, then he got relegated twice and I was delighted.

I'm hoping that one day he turns up to some sort of ex Everton get together and Thomas Gravesen smashes his head in with a frozen scone, cos he deserves it

Barmby for me. I can even trace the development of my nervous disposition back to around that time... This post possibly the most persuasive I've seen though! lol

Don't know about being the biggest snake. I know players are all mercenaries, but arteta was genuinely loved by the Everton crowd 'as the best little Spaniard we know'. His conduct whilst playing for Arsenal against us, was disgraceful. When he looks back on it he should be ashamed.
Moyes took a cringeworthy 'send off' from the club and rammed it down our throats within days of being appointed united manager. I was made up, when he got the sack. His reputation as a 'top manager' has never been recovered and we evertonian's have never forgotten his conduct towards us whilst managing Utd.

Plus, he said that he wouldn't come back trying to poach players too.

Barmby, Lescott, Arteta, in that order. Barks being in that list is at this moment in time a little bit premature.

Moyes; a bit snake-like but he gets a pass from me for previous servitude over the decade before.

Struggled to pin it on one man, but Barmby was a tit. You could argue that we were really bad back then and therefore he couldn't turn down a move to a side that was in a better place, but to move across the park was cancer. I always remember on one of my old Everton VHS' there was an interview with him and he was insisting that people called him 'Nick' and not 'Nicky', as if anybody would be arsed. I remember my old man saying "this lad thinks a lot of himself". And then, a couple of months later, he was singing for them. You just can't do that.

Does anyone know how the reds received him? I mean, did they actually like him?

Struggled to pin it on one man, but Barmby was a tit. You could argue that we were really bad back then and therefore he couldn't turn down a move to a side that was in a better place, but to move across the park was cancer. I always remember on one of my old Everton VHS' there was an interview with him and he was insisting that people called him 'Nick' and not 'Nicky', as if anybody would be arsed. I remember my old man saying "this lad thinks a lot of himself". And then, a couple of months later, he was singing for them. You just can't do that.

Does anyone know how the reds received him? I mean, did they actually like him?

My missus loved him because he bagged against us in the first derby he faced against us. In fact I think the horrible tit might have bagged 2 that game.

Barmby for me. Going nowhere and then soon as Everton got his career back on track he snaked off over there of all places.
barmby_ratsnake.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back