• Barmby

• Barkley

• Jeffers

• Xavier

• Arteta

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Speed was the innocent party, you are right we cannot rewrite history because he is now dead, Kendall was the snake in the Gary Speed affair and whoever was in charge of the club at the time for letting Kendall get away with acting the way he did throughout that season when we nearly went down and he was replaced at the end of it.

I think in fairness to Kendal, he had serious problems by then with ale, so it's unfair to call him a snake.

Did the club try to help him, I don't know, but by the sounds of things he shouldn't have been in charge of a top flight team.

I'd blame the club on that one mate.

catroximpclane410.jpg

Look at the pattern on it's back. No coincidence is it....

I think in fairness to Kendal, he had serious problems by then with ale, so it's unfair to call him a snake.

Did the club try to help him, I don't know, but by the sounds of things he shouldn't have been in charge of a top flight team.

I'd blame the club on that one mate.

Fair enough, I am more interested in Gary Speed not being victimised, Gary was taking the training the many times
Howard was incapable of doing the job, Gary was a thorough professional and a non drinker, it must have sickened him to see what was going on at Bellfield, but he kept his mouth shut, never had a go, even when he booed by the Everton fans
every time he came here to play. He was innocent, not only that a very genuine man who deserved better off every one
at Goodison Park, manager, chairman and most of all the fans who turned on him.

Fair enough, I am more interested in Gary Speed not being victimised, Gary was taking the training the many times
Howard was incapable of doing the job, Gary was a thorough professional and a non drinker, it must have sickened him to see what was going on at Bellfield, but he kept his mouth shut, never had a go, even when he booed by the Everton fans
every time he came here to play. He was innocent, not only that a very genuine man who deserved better off every one

I don't doubt that Howard's drinking was the problem, but why did Gary have to take training, where were Howard's assistants ?

I'm sorry but this thread just shows how negative and backward facing we are.
Focus on the positives
What a grim club we are sometimes.
Come on guys,
we've got some amazing young players
we've got some money
we have a nice ground, and hopes to get into an even better ground
we are 7th in the country, which is not that bad
we have ups and downs but generally they entertain us, even though the hope kills us sometimes.
(and even though its the hollywood drama which is sometimes entertaining now)
We're on the map now - we've got players who are more famous than the club

please be positive and bring some joy to the club now
support some of our players unconditionally and just enjoy it then it'll rub off on the players and club.

thank you

Because football fans are football fans eight times out of ten, the biggest snake, is the most recent one.
Barmby- never a blue
Rom- never a blue
Lescott- never a blue
Moyes- never a blue
Arteta- never a blue
Xavier- never a blue
Jeffers- never snaked anybody
Rooney- was a kid who joined the biggest club in the world and achieved what he wouldn't have come close to achieving at Everton
Barkley- always a blue

You see the difference?

This

Every word of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back