Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We would still need another investor from somewhere though. the PL is all about money and Bill has never had or never will have the money needed to operate within top level football otherwise we would be back to borrowing off Peter to pay Paul which is what it was like under him previously. I won't argue that Moshiri needs to go, I honestly don't think football is for Farhad.

That seems the popular narrative mate and right in a lot of ways - you do need some money. Yet i dont think its all or nothing, you just cant spend money anymore like we saw with Chelsea and City, the profit and sustainability rules have proven that. So the pathway to investment and limits have changed, as such money cant be and is not the be all and end all, there is money to be made in football and grow your business, with good management in my opinion.

I was saying during the week, id like to be in a position like Mordor where you can sign a Eliiot or Carvalho and still be able to spend a bit to bring in a Diaz - while being able to bring through a TAA.

Investment and good management has to be the elixir of choice and you see your baseline revenue base grow - if both are done well....

Last edited:
Again, you're completely ignoring or at best downplaying a whole litany of well documented failures, mistakes and lies over a sustained period that were instrumental in allowing this club to fall down the pecking order so dramatically. These weren't minor misdemeanours, they were catastrophic failures to move the club forward, meaning ultimately that Moshiri inherited a club that had been in a cycle managed decline for practically a generation. A club that often had to sell its best players just to buy new players and had sell cheap kids tickets to fill its aging ground that hadn't
changed for decades and had less boxes than some non-league clubs.

The relative stability achieved by Moyes was despite BK and not because of him, as illustrated by our parlous financial situation throughout his tenure (despite selling practically all of the club's material assets and best players, often right at the end of a transfer window). Bottom of the net spend league at the end of a 10 yr period tells you how poor the board was at providing funds for Moyes. The lowest spend on stadium infrastructure of ALL league clubs shows how poor they were at addressing that issue when all others had achieved so much..... stagnant commercial growth compared to all our main competitors again reinforcing that poor performance of the board..... these are the real reasons our peer group and others left us behind. They aimed low and that stability that Moyes built from the crumbs provided has proven to have been very fragile.

Investment is only any good if it's not squandered.... BK was left in charge as chairman of the same board. So he's either part of or complicit in everything that has happened since, or he's completely failed in his responsibilities as chairman. Not one word of dissent or dissatisfaction from him throughout!! The fact that you're arguing about our "stability" when our competitors are talking about actually winning things shows how far your expectations have fallen. The charlatan still has a few followers......

Im not getting into a circular argument to a cut and paste list of dogmatic polarised whataboutry points mate (no personal offence indented honestly as i appreciate the passion and effort). Im not trying to win hearts and minds - people must form their own opinon, weighed, without, canvassing or dogma.

Ive given reasons for my opinions already and your post isnt breaking new ground in rebuttal to my points, i dont concur with a lot of what you write.

To my mind we've sold our best players with investment, Lukaku, Barkley, idrissa, Stones Jamo and Digne - so you know..;)

Last edited:
Again, you're completely ignoring or at best downplaying a whole litany of well documented failures, mistakes and lies over a sustained period that were instrumental in allowing this club to fall down the pecking order so dramatically. These weren't minor misdemeanours, they were catastrophic failures to move the club forward, meaning ultimately that Moshiri inherited a club that had been in a cycle managed decline for practically a generation. A club that often had to sell its best players just to buy new players and had sell cheap kids tickets to fill its aging ground that hadn't

The relative stability achieved by Moyes was despite BK and not because of him, as illustrated by our parlous financial situation throughout his tenure (despite selling practically all of the club's material assets and best players, often right at the end of a transfer window). Bottom of the net spend league at the end of a 10 yr period tells you how poor the board was at providing funds for Moyes. The lowest spend on stadium infrastructure of ALL league clubs shows how poor they were at addressing that issue when all others had achieved so much..... stagnant commercial growth compared to all our main competitors again reinforcing that poor performance of the board..... these are the real reasons our peer group and others left us behind. They aimed low and that stability that Moyes built from the crumbs provided has proven to have been very fragile.

Investment is only any good if it's not squandered.... BK was left in charge as chairman of the same board. So he's either part of or complicit in everything that has happened since, or he's completely failed in his responsibilities as chairman. Not one word of dissent or dissatisfaction from him throughout!! The fact that you're arguing about our "stability" when our competitors are talking about actually winning things shows how far your expectations have fallen. The charlatan still has a few followers......
? ?

Are you saying Moshiri hasnt had a whole litany of well documented failures? Do you agree Moshiri has been instrumental in allowing this club to fall down the pecking order so dramatically?
Out of interest do you agree with the majority of Evertonians that Moshiri has made catastrophic failures to move the club forward?

You talk about managed decline but neglect to mention how European football was a regular under Kenwrights ownership of Everton, as for selling our best players what do you think we are going to be doing next summer? Were you impressed with the 1.7 we had to spend last summer thanks to Moshiri and his mate Kia blowing billions

Hi guys. If I was scoring this thread stand off I’d say that the introduction of @Neiler has caused some lost confidence in the usual residents of this thread as he and a few others put up well articulated plausible arguments that trouble your lil bubble on here.

I wish you all well and also Mr Kenwright as a fellow human.

I really like Blood Brothers, but other than that, this man has long outstayed his shelf life. Part of me thinks that as long as he remains, the longer we shall exist in the doldrums of Prem / EFL.

Which he deserves, unlike Moshiri who deserves nothing but hate

How do you work that out..... ? He simply rode the era of increased TV money, added no value whatsoever, failed to address the multiple issues he was directly responsible for and lied throughout .... he waited till his backers were paid off and sold as soon as the effects of his saviour (Moyes) had begun to wear off.

You're promoting hate too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back