• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
Post makes little to no sense. Bill's supporters think we were formed 6 yrs ago? Us that really the nonsense you are going with
I’m talking nonsense. Wow
But you really think Moshiri asked bill to stay on for his experience, dear god you couldn’t be more delusional I’f you tried.

What experience is this, the constant lies, trying to move out the city, failed ground moves, selling everything on like the training ground. Borrowing money of his rich mates against 2 yrs of season tickets.
Lying on TV about the safety certificate. Selling players at the end of the window, conveniently to appease the banks.

And when the [Poor language removed] was hitting the fan, he briefed his mates in the press, that he was dying.

Not a player bought in something like 3 summers.
Bill 24/7 10yr kenwright, found the one man who would keep him around. And you dread to think what would have happened if he hadn’t stayed on as Chairman, well Moshiri would have hired a new board and chairman, so we will never know. Though I feel that time is coming, so we will know soon enough

I've never heard anyone say this. I think most Evertonians know his history. How long did that (singular) Champions league foray last?

Ironically, you've inadvertently summarised his tenure quite well. At the beginning of the Premier league we were one of the prime movers in making it happen. We were at least as big as Arsenal and Spurs who we shared that top table in the negotiations that Carter chaired. We're now absolute nobody's, miles behind the rest of our then peer group.... but at least we had ONE "qualifying" game in the Champions league to demonstrate his great stewardship and legacy. Forget the years of slow managed decline into mediocrity, the scandalous lies about destination Kirkby and missed opportunities of Kings dock, the wasted years of failing to address those stadium issues and simultaneously failing to adequately support Moyes financially. The scurrilous end of AGMs, damaging associations with Philip Green/Samuelson etc. The list is endless, yet now swept under the carpet by the sycophants who have come back out of the woodwork to attribute the whole blame on Moshiri. If yer know yer history?

I hear it quite often myself mate, infact the post i quoted inferred it.

Yep i heard it all before and there is and i myself have posted reams of stuff on here over the years, dating back to start of the site. In and out and shake it all about. There are some things he did very well, somethings not, some criticism is genuine and some is just kicking the cat and unfair to my mind.

To be frank you weigh it up for yourself and form your own opinion, because it will never be reconciled nor a consensus will ever be found. Myself - i think much of the criticism of - lack of progress, investment etc aren't justified, 1. because he never promised to be anything other then what he was - investment wise. 2. As our current situation now proves investment isn't a guarantee of progression as a club - we've had investment now under a different owner and the club as a business has disintegrated and is a basket case, while with investment our league progression from a footballing perspective has seen us face our biggest threat in decades - maybe in our history given the finances involved.

So id surmise, was an era of investment (what all the Bill kickers wanted & much of the accusation you make above) better or worse for Everton than being run sustainably and stably? - you know id take sustainably and stability over what we have at the moment. Therefore for all the reasons above, i wouldn't fall into the pitchfork gang.

I realise my opinion isn't the popular group i know, or conforming with the urban legends, but ill own it.

Last edited:
I hear it quite often myself mate, infact the post i quoted inferred it.

Yep i heard it all before and their is reams of stuff on here over the years. In and out and shake it all about. There are some things he did very well, something not some criticism is genuine and some is just kicking the cat and unfair to my mind.

To be frank you weigh it up for yourself, myself - i think many of the criticism of - lack of progress, investment etc aren't justified, 1. because he never promised to be anything then he was - investment wise. 2. As our current situation now proves investments isn't a guarantee of progression as a club - we've had investment now under a different owner and the club as a business has disintegrated and is a basket case, while with investment our league progression from a footballing perspective has seen us face our biggest threat in decades - maybe in our history given the finances involved.

So id surmise, was as era of investment (what all the Bill kickers wanted & much of the accusation you make above) better or worse for Everton than being run sustainably and stability - you know id take sustainably and stability over what we have at the moment. Therefore for all the reasons above, i wouldn't fall into the pitchfork gang.

i realise my opinion isn't the popular group think i know, or conforming with the urban legends, but ill own it.
The bottom line is, Bill was looking out for himself and not the club. He could have handed it over to Paul Gregg and we’d now be on the docks. Remember the ring fenced money.

Or sold to the group who bought city.

Bill wanted limelight, which is obvious when you see his background. Wanted a successful Everton, with his face and voice everywhere you turn.

The most successful owners/chairman you rarely hear from.

Last edited:

we know

He was ill, remember when the blue union tried to start a rumor he wasn't? It one reason why Evertonians have zero time for them, they are known to be trouble making liars.

That was one of those conflicts where you wished both sides could lose. I've no time for Bill, but recording meetings without somebody's knowledge then sharing the content is low as.

The bottom line is, Bill was looking out for himself and not the club. He could have handed it over to Paul Gregg and we’d now be on the docks. Remember the ring fencer money.

Or sold to the group who bought city.

Bill wanted limelight, which is obvious when you see his background. Wanted a successful Everton, with his face and voice everywhere you turn.

The most successful owners/chairman you rarely here from.

With resepct mate, I don't accept the "bottom line". Frankly that's your opinion and not the bottom line really.

I remember it all mate. I wasnt a fan of Gregg myself, if you liked him fair enough - i wouldn't have wanted a Gregg regime here - Gregg was here for Gregg, wasnt it Bill who brought him in anyway.

Look i dont think its useful personalising the debate, i dont care if DCL wear yellow keks in GQ once he scores a hatrick at the weekend - same as Bill. Sometimes he goes over the top, other times ive been dead proud of him representing the club, the speech at Anfeild, the tribute to the 96 at Goodison, the recent Ukraine solidarity - that all Bill to my mind. No one is perfect, i cringe with some of the stuff sometimes, but you know what sometimes he gets it bang on to and represents the values of this great club.

People talk he got the Everton thing and managed it into oblivion, my recollection is Everton was a bird with two broken wings when he took ownership after Johnson and no one wanted to touch us with a long stick.

Last edited:
Remember the cry wolf story from school
His mates in the media have had his back for years. Just This week Dom king criticising Moshiri in his
Paper, but not word about bill or DBB
Of course he is criticise Moshiri, he should be too, we need more of this, we need pressure on him to sell, before he kills us altogether.
What do you want him to say about Bill right now? Well done for appointing Lampard?

With resepct mate, I don't accept the "bottom line". Frankly that's your opinion and not the bottom line really.

I remember it all mate. I wasnt a fan of Gregg myself, if you liked him fair enough - i wouldn't have wanted a Gregg regime here - Gregg was here for Gregg, wasnt it Bill who brought him in anyway.

Look i dont think its useful personalising the debate, i dont care if DCL wear yellow keks in GQ once he scores a hatrick at the weekend - same as Bill. Sometimes he goes over the top, other times ive been dead of proud of him representing the club, the speech at Anfeild, the tribute to the 96 at Goodison, the recent Ukraine solidarity - that all Bill to my mind. No one is perfect, i cringe with some of stuff sometimes, but you know what sometimes he gets bang on to and represents the values of this great club.

People talk he got thing Everton thing and managed it into oblivion, my recollection is Everton was a bird with two broken wings when he took ownership after Johnson and no one wanted to touch us with a long stick.
But he could do all them three things over 25yrs that you’re proud off. In like a club president role

Not as chairman running the club. And we will never know how things would have turned out with the gregg’s maybe the ground got built. Maybe he then sells to the Arabs.

But yes staying at a failing down Goodison with no money, definitely a better option.

Of course he is criticise Moshiri, he should be too, we need more of this, we need pressure on him to sell, before he kills us altogether.
What do you want him to say about Bill right now? Well done for appointing Lampard?
You’re going to be very disappointed then, because he’s not selling

I’m talking nonsense. Wow
But you really think Moshiri asked bill to stay on for his experience, dear god you couldn’t be more delusional I’f you tried.

What experience is this, the constant lies, trying to move out the city, failed ground moves, selling everything on like the training ground. Borrowing money of his rich mates against 2 yrs of season tickets.
Lying on TV about the safety certificate. Selling players at the end of the window, conveniently to appease the banks.

And when the [Poor language removed] was hitting the fan, he briefed his mates in the press, that he was dying.

Not a player bought in something like 3 summers.
Bill 24/7 10yr kenwright, found the one man who would keep him around. And you dread to think what would have happened if he hadn’t stayed on as Chairman, well Moshiri would have hired a new board and chairman, so we will never know. Though I feel that time is coming, so we will know soon enough
I’m no Kenwright apologist but, he was seriously ill at the time and has needed very serious medical care since.

Slate him for his stewardship of the club if you like but, let’s not start insinuating that he ‘engineered’ a storyline about a condition in order to take the heat off.

That was one of those conflicts where you wished both sides could lose. I've no time for Bill, but recording meetings without somebody's knowledge then sharing the content is low as.
Yeah it was disgraceful, it killed links real Everton fans had with the club, after that it became a closed shop.
Same with the mobs on Goodison Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back