Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m no Kenwright apologist but, he was seriously ill at the time and has needed very serious medical care since.

Slate him for his stewardship of the club if you like but, let’s not start insinuating that he ‘engineered’ a storyline about a condition in order to take the heat off.
The man’s a liar, so I wouldn’t believe anything he says

Yeah it was disgraceful, it killed links real Everton fans had with the club, after that it became a closed shop.
Same with the mobs on Goodison Road.

I've no problem with the latter. Bill put himself out there and he had to know it wasn't going to be backslaps and handshakes. Nobody was violent, nobody was overtly abusive and everybody went home ok.

But he could do all them three things over 25yrs that you’re proud off. In like a club president role

Not as chairman running the club. And we will never know how things would have turned out with the gregg’s maybe the ground got built. Maybe he then sells to the Arabs.

But yes staying at a failing down Goodison with no money, definitely a better option.

We wont agree a chara.

However that is an interesting question - would Everton as a business and a footballing team be better if Bill was still owner?

Yikes - now there is a thought....

I've no problem with the latter. Bill put himself out there and he had to know it wasn't going to be backslaps and handshakes. Nobody was violent, nobody was overtly abusive and everybody went home ok.
Yeah Bill gets credit and respect for that, was Moshiri there to face the music? Doubt he was even at the game

I don't mind most of the "luvvie" stuff - it keeps us grounded in our community roots.

But I cannot see past the apparent fact that he has remained in position out of reasons that seem to me, more selfish than altruistic.

It's to be expected that you step aside when a new owner comes in.

He could have sold his equity and moved on.

It would be something if he could have shown that by staying, he limited the excesses of Moshiri's mis-management of the club, but sadly he has not.

He is staying on, hoping we avoid relegation and waiting to be in prime position to cut the ribbon on BMD.

The appointments that he has overseen in terms of promoting Denise, and Elstone, have not been proved to be in the clubs interests at all. All from within the same gene pool with nobody external to question anything. Who was watching whilst we spent in breach of PL regulations? Who said stop? Bill is the Chairman of the board, his central role is to oversee the activities of executive management who report to that board, or are supposed to.

We are down to Graeme Sharp being appointed as a director to make up the numbers. It has all been too cosy and the club has suffered for it.

Last edited:

We wont agree a chara.

However that is an interesting question - would Everton as a business and a footballing team be better if Bill was still owner?

Yikes - now there is a thought....
We would still need another investor from somewhere though. the PL is all about money and Bill has never had or never will have the money needed to operate within top level football otherwise we would be back to borrowing off Peter to pay Paul which is what it was like under him previously. I won't argue that Moshiri needs to go, I honestly don't think football is for Farhad.

I actually hadn't considered it until @Stephenlloyd framed it like that.

We were better managed when we had to sweat the penny's.
That was a lot to do with great management from
Moyes. It’s funny how
Bill’s fan club seem
To have forgotten Martinez’s last 2 seasons.

The team falling apart and Bill couldn’t do nothing about, couldn’t spend to get the team out of trouble or even afford to sack the manager.

And then at that point he finds his billionaire, interesting

I hear it quite often myself mate, infact the post i quoted inferred it.

Yep i heard it all before and their is reams of stuff on here over the years. In and out and shake it all about. There are some things he did very well, something not some criticism is genuine and some is just kicking the cat and unfair to my mind.

To be frank you weigh it up for yourself, myself - i think many of the criticism of - lack of progress, investment etc aren't justified, 1. because he never promised to be anything then he was - investment wise. 2. As our current situation now proves investments isn't a guarantee of progression as a club - we've had investment now under a different owner and the club as a business has disintegrated and is a basket case, while with investment our league progression from a footballing perspective has seen us face our biggest threat in decades - maybe in our history given the finances involved.

So id surmise, was as era of investment (what all the Bill kickers wanted & much of the accusation you make above) better or worse for Everton than being run sustainably and stability - you know id take sustainably and stability over what we have at the moment. Therefore for all the reasons above, i wouldn't fall into the pitchfork gang.

i realise my opinion isn't the popular group think i know, or conforming with the urban legends, but ill own it.

Again, you're completely ignoring or at best downplaying a whole litany of well documented failures, mistakes and lies over a sustained period that were instrumental in allowing this club to fall down the pecking order so dramatically. These weren't minor misdemeanours, they were catastrophic failures to move the club forward, meaning ultimately that Moshiri inherited a club that had been in a cycle managed decline for practically a generation. A club that often had to sell its best players just to buy new players and had sell cheap kids tickets to fill its aging ground that hadn't
changed for decades and had less boxes than some non-league clubs.

The relative stability achieved by Moyes was despite BK and not because of him, as illustrated by our parlous financial situation throughout his tenure (despite selling practically all of the club's material assets and best players, often right at the end of a transfer window). Bottom of the net spend league at the end of a 10 yr period tells you how poor the board was at providing funds for Moyes. The lowest spend on stadium infrastructure of ALL league clubs shows how poor they were at addressing that issue when all others had achieved so much..... stagnant commercial growth compared to all our main competitors again reinforcing that poor performance of the board..... these are the real reasons our peer group and others left us behind. They aimed low and that stability that Moyes built from the crumbs provided has proven to have been very fragile.

Investment is only any good if it's not squandered.... BK was left in charge as chairman of the same board. So he's either part of or complicit in everything that has happened since, or he's completely failed in his responsibilities as chairman. Not one word of dissent or dissatisfaction from him throughout!! The fact that you're arguing about our "stability" when our competitors are talking about actually winning things shows how far your expectations have fallen. The charlatan still has a few followers......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back