Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You only started supporting us 6 yrs ago?

Well just have a look at the previous 20yrs.

Kenwright fan boys, act like sky and TalkSPORT, when they act like football started in 92.

The happy clappers think Everton got formed 6yrs ago

Post makes little to no sense. Bill's supporters think we were formed 6 yrs ago? Us that really the nonsense you are going with

Anyone that defends Bill is an idiot in my view. Yes we could have had worse people running the club that would have seen us go the way of Leeds or Sunderland but at the same time, we could have been run so much better and been a progressive club that really benefited from the creation of the PL instead of being a victim or falling behind.

He needs to go and anyone that supports him needs to go

I don’t mind people supporting him as such, I just find it a bit odd a select few would use it to blatantly wind up other blues on a consistent basis. Of all the things to troll people about they go with that.

It's a well thumbed narrative from the Bill haters with no proof that it was Bill who stipulated he had to hang around. For all we know Moshiri asked him to stay for his experience. For all the hate Bill gets, I dread to think of how the club would look with just Moshiri at the helm who has shown he is inept of all things football related
defending BK and unsworth in one night. hmm

Anyone that defends Bill is an idiot in my view. Yes we could have had worse people running the club that would have seen us go the way of Leeds or Sunderland but at the same time, we could have been run so much better and been a progressive club that really benefited from the creation of the PL instead of being a victim or falling behind.

I often hear if Bill wasn’t chairman/owner during the inception of the PL we would have been a huge club. The PL was created in 92, Sir Philip Carter our Chairman at the was a key player in its formation and he was our most successful ever Chairman, he was succeeded by Dr Marsh until 94, Peter Johnson was our Chairman when he took over from 94, until 98. Philip Carter returned from 98 - 04. In 04 Bill became chairman, the year we qualified for the CL.

Last edited:
It's a well thumbed narrative from the Bill haters with no proof that it was Bill who stipulated he had to hang around. For all we know Moshiri asked him to stay for his experience. For all the hate Bill gets, I dread to think of how the club would look with just Moshiri at the helm who has shown he is inept of all things football related
I don’t hate him, I just think he’s like somebody still driving around in an Austin Montego.

Here’s what the Department of transport has to say about them…

“According to data provided by the Department for Transport and Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency, only 34 remained in existence at the end of 2020 – a decline of 99.98 per cent in 25 years, with rust ravaging the vast majority of them.”

I often hear if Bill wasn’t chairman/owner during the inception of the PL we would have been a huge club. The PL was created in 92, Sir Philip Carter our Chairman at the was a key player in its formation and he was our most successful ever Chairman, he was succeeded by Dr Marsh until 94, Peter Johnson was our Chairman when he took over from 94, until 98. Philip Carter returned from 98 - 04. In 04 Bill became chairman, the year we qualified for the CL.
He’s been on the board since 1989 though I believe, which might be part of the problem, things have moved on. Look I’m not saying he doesn’t care for the club, but with him and Mosh it’s like having Steptoe and Son running the show.

I'm not in that camp. People who support Kenwright can of course still support the club.

It's just bizzare that they continue to double down on their position that he's utterly blameless and has genuinely acted in the best interests of the club throughout his tenure.

They're similar to flat earthers. You can present them with all kinds of evidence and they'll scratch their chins and go:

"Hmmmm, but what about this?“

Mentals.

That’s fair but I think it’s fair to say that the money in the PL has sky rocketed since Bill took over and as one of the few clubs to have received that money every year (so far), we have done very little to make the most of it.

Bill still has the paper from the last day of the 94 season hanging on his office wall. For the whole of the 2000s he based the club's financial planning on finishing 17th. It must gladden his heart that performances on the field are finally matching his level of ambition.

I don’t hate him, I just think he’s like somebody still driving around in an Austin Montego.

Here’s what the Department of transport has to say about them…

“According to data provided by the Department for Transport and Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency, only 34 remained in existence at the end of 2020 – a decline of 99.98 per cent in 25 years, with rust ravaging the vast majority of them.”

I knew there was a reason i liked him, that was the 2nd car I owned

I've never heard anyone say this. I think most Evertonians know his history. How long did that (singular) Champions league foray last?

Ironically, you've inadvertently summarised his tenure quite well. At the beginning of the Premier league we were one of the prime movers in making it happen. We were at least as big as Arsenal and Spurs who we shared that top table in the negotiations that Carter chaired. We're now absolute nobody's, miles behind the rest of our then peer group.... but at least we had ONE "qualifying" game in the Champions league to demonstrate his great stewardship and legacy. Forget the years of slow managed decline into mediocrity, the scandalous lies about destination Kirkby and missed opportunities of Kings dock, the wasted years of failing to address those stadium issues and simultaneously failing to adequately support Moyes financially. The scurrilous end of AGMs, damaging associations with Philip Green/Samuelson etc. The list is endless, yet now swept under the carpet by the sycophants who have come back out of the woodwork to attribute the whole blame on Moshiri. If yer know yer history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back