Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Kenwright is charged with the job of being Chairman. Moshiri pays him for that job. He's doing it badly
Moshiri is a poor owner for not putting a proper structure in place with a chairman who's first focus is the club
Wasted his own money trusting the wrong people
The league has moved beyond BK and his 'what would everton do?' magnificent 7 rubbish
an acceptance of mediocrity breed inadequacy, and this is what BK has done imo
He turned us into plucky underdog character, not winners. Surely, you can agree with that? The facts speak for themselves when looking at the span of his tenure
But what you have wrote there all confirms that the real problem is Moshiri, why did he buy a football club and not change the structure, that alone shows how stupid he is.
Either way hei isnt really interested in Everton, when washed last at a home game?
As for BK we were never in this mess when he owned the club, when the buck stopped with him we were fine.

But Kenwright enabled Moshiri's poor decisions. Has he no influence as our chairman? If so, he shouldn't be our chairman
Him being the chairmen hasn't caused this mess, or we would if been in it tears ago, half the problem is too nany people are involved, some with there own agendas, Usmanov, Kia and Moshiri are not Everton people, and never will be

But what you have wrote there all confirms that the real problem is Moshiri, why did he buy a football club and not change the structure, that alone shows how stupid he is.
Either way hei isnt really interested in Everton, when washed last at a home game?
As for BK we were never in this mess when he owned the club, when the buck stopped with him we were fine.
He is still the chairman and I'm pretty sure he doesn't ok every single decision with Moshiri.
They are both at fault, definitely. It isn't a pepsi/coke situation and whataboutism means nothing.
I mentioned that Kenwright should be first and foremost recognised as our chairman and not a theatre producer. It's a big job being chairman of a premier league side, or it should be, and that is a problem to me. Theatre production requires promotion and he is well aware that this is the first thing that pops up about him, if he isn't, he's bad at that too.
You whataboutism'd why we aren't mentioned under Moshiri. It's not a day to day thing with him, the club is a holding, therefore his daily focus doesn't interest me as much.
Both to blame, in different ways
Kenwright ensured the jobs for the boys continued despite it being counter productive to a modern top flight club. Why are we only trying to implement similar styles with the youth set up now? Brands tried to. Maybe he felt Unsworth wasn't right at the time too, but there was a video to be made of Bill giving Unsy his award so he had to stay
Leeds have youth players that can pop into the first team set up, and have done since the championship. Even with the recent change in manager they immediately tweaked the set up to suit
Many other clubs the same
Do you think BK's time was successful, considering we were challenging for titles when he arrived on the scene?

Bloody hell, anybody thinking Everton were not a mess before Morshiri is missing a few as far as I’m concerned. The clueless Morshiri accelerated the process, but, in no way did our problems start when he came along. Everton FC should be winning stuff, the fact we aren’t and haven’t since 1995 only highlights the mess started before 2016.

Last edited:
Bloody hell, anybody thinking Everton were not a mess before Morshiri is missing a few as far as I’m concerned. The clueless Morshiri excelerated the process, but, in no way did our problems start when he came along. Everton FC should be winning stuff, the fact we aren’t and haven’t since 1995 only highlights the mess started before 2016.
Before Moshiri Everton having a bad season was 11th, or 8th, or the Magnificent 7th, they were bad, at least we thought they were and the grass would be greener with a new owner.

Before Moshiri Everton having a bad season was 11th, or 8th, or the Magnificent 7th, they were bad, at least we thought they were and the grass would be greener with a new owner.
Yep it is really poor now I agree, but it was poor then too. We have gone from poor to really poor. During that time Bill has been in and around the club. He invited the clueless Morshiri to the table. Bill shouldn’t be anywhere near this club.

Him being the chairmen hasn't caused this mess, or we would if been in it tears ago, half the problem is too nany people are involved, some with there own agendas, Usmanov, Kia and Moshiri are not Everton people, and never will be
This. This right here is the problem. Liverpool aren't run by 'Liverpool people' but they're competing for a quadruple.
BK has you eating out of his hand because he's a true blue or whatever.
I don't care who he supported before he joined the board.
All good chairmen support the club they chair, even if it is only for business reasons.

This. This right here is the problem. Liverpool aren't run by 'Liverpool people' but they're competing for a quadruple.
BK has you eating out of his hand because he's a true blue or whatever.
I don't care who he supported before he joined the board.
All good chairmen support the club they chair, even if it is only for business reasons.
Yeah but Liverpool owners had vision, and understanding of professional sport, long term plans, Moshiri had none of this and I doubt he was that well connected in Sporting circles.
He has bought a club with no understanding on what to do with it.
When Kenwright bought it he did have a understanding at least how the game works, how the league works, how the club works, that's why he was able to stable it.
Our problem now is Moshiri is in too deep, we need him to be gone, Kenwright going won't in anyway help us out of this mess, only give Moshiri a vacancy to fill with I dread to think who.

Personally I think we're done, but once the ground is ready he can sell the club. Maybe then things can move forward, but the next 2 or even 3 seasons are a right off.

Regardless of whether we go down or not, both Kenwright and Moshiri need to bugger off. I have no confidence left, in the current regimes ability to bring success to Everton.

We cannot begin a recovery until this man is run out of the club. Moshiri is far from blameless too of course, but they go together.
Exactly it's not a case of one goes and the other stays. They both have to go, heads have to roll after this sham of a season.

The current regime signed their own death warrants, when they appoint Rafael Benitez as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.