Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same Moyes everyone threw silly hissy fits over 18 months ago, when some thought he might come back? Then Farhad rolled out Mr Benitez?

There’s clearly no point arguing with you, you’re either friends with Kenwright or on a wind up, who’s got time or energy for that when we’re on the verge of collapse?

Your mate will be the Everton chairman at the time of our first relegation in 70 years.

What is Bill Kenwright's role at Everton then? If he has no influence, why is he still sitting in the best seat in the house?
Dunno, his roll is what Moshiri allows it too be.
For what it's worth I've said for ages I want him too stepdown, but it's impossible to blame this mess on him since we're years away from the club he sold.... in the wrong direction

Cupace20230115000628102.webp

Just listening to the BBC news on the radio now. They were still reporting on their main headlines (not sports) that the board were advised to stay away because of threats etc...
It's the BBC. What do you expect. Might as well tune in to CNN and have their science expert -a Swedish schoolgirl- tell you how you're causing Mozambique to be flooded because you don't have vegan slippers or a wind powered lawnmower.

What is Bill Kenwright's role at Everton then? If he has no influence, why is he still sitting in the best seat in the house?

You know what mate, I'll hold my hands up, I've always thought that Kenwright was kept on as a face, to tell people about his times about getting pissed on in the Boys pen etc. Over the last few months my take on that has changed and that he has way more influence than I originally thought.

Dunno, his roll is what Moshiri allows it too be.
For what it's worth I've said for ages I want him too stepdown, but it's impossible to blame this mess on him since we're years away from the club he sold.... in the wrong direction

He is still massively involved in absolutely everything. From selecting managers, negotiating transfers, visiting Finch Farm to see the players... Much more so than Moshiri who is no more than absentee owner now.

Ironic that his biggest mistake was, after years of apparently searching 24/7 for investment, he sold the club to a businessman who knows diddly squat about football but who was funded by a Russian oligarch whose chickens have now come home to roost. A decision which has led to the demise of Everton Football Club to become what it has become today.

Even if he hadn't stayed as chairman it would be unforgiveable, but the fact that he remains in charge of the running of the club takes it off the scale as far as bad decisions go.

He is still massively involved in absolutely everything. From selecting managers, negotiating transfers, visiting Finch Farm to see the players... Much more so than Moshiri who is no more than absentee owner now.
That right there is the real problem, absentee owner, once he sells Bill is gone anyway, but if Bill went tomorrow it wouldnt mean Farhad suddenly starts running the club right

You know what mate, I'll hold my hands up, I've always thought that Kenwright was kept on as a face, to tell people about his times about getting pissed on in the Boys pen etc. Over the last few months my take on that has changed and that he has way more influence than I originally thought.

The fact we can only speculate says it all about the transparency of the club. No one knows who is truly accountable and that suits them perfectly.

The fact Moshiri barely attends games anymore says it all to me about how much he has stepped back. I'm convinced Kenwright is still front and centre of the whole operation. Just listening to Lampard last season about how much the chairman was there to gee him up as well as the visits to Finch Farm.

I really don't think Moshiri came to this club as a motive to run a football club. Something sinister is going on a d would explain the obvious terrible executive decisions. Andy Hray questioned Moshiri's motives today on BT Sports. It's just all odd. Wish I could put 2+2 together. I just think there's a bigger picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back