Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Bill Kenwright is bringing out a theatre production based on his time with Everton. The poster is basic and the title is a bit long, but it hits the mark.

08.webp

I think Wayne Rooney saved the club from going under, without the money from that transfer we could have been made bankrupt, Kenwright took the money, Wayne took the flak and was made the scapegoat by too many Everton fans!!
Young teenage lads gets pilloried whilst owl head snorts back his crocodile tears and whispers to the cameras that it's out of his hands.

Kenwright is a rat.

He was a board member when the PL started.
He has to take some responsibility for our fall from grace in the early years.
For me, he seems to have spent his whole tenure figuring out how to keep the chair, no matter what.
He knew the club needed more than he could give yet refused to allow that to happen time and time again till the one buyer who'd let him stay on came along.
He's been on the board since 1989, I'm not sure how big a picture you want to look at?

The one bit I disagree with here is the "he knew the club needed more than he could give" - in our position clubs have two choices to better themselves, to be bankrolled and buy success or to be run competently and earn it.

He could have taken a sensible decision and not looked for "investment", instead getting talented people in and held them to a high standard of work. If he'd done that, he could have happily stayed on as chair for as long as he wanted and focused on setting the strategic direction.

Of course though he isn't competent, so he didn't do either of the things required to improve us.

Just got round to watching the whole thing. Fair to say Jordan is Bills mate (speak regularly) so whatever Jordan says will have come from Bills mouth.

Which still confirms Bill, Denise etc all do zero at the club if Jordan says that Mosh has final say on everything

He was a board member when the PL started.
He has to take some responsibility for our fall from grace in the early years.
For me, he seems to have spent his whole tenure figuring out how to keep the chair, no matter what.
He knew the club needed more than he could give yet refused to allow that to happen time and time again till the one buyer who'd let him stay on came along.
He's been on the board since 1989, I'm not sure how big a picture you want to look at?
That is a fair argument and the points you made can't be dismissed. But a lot of other big clubs from the late 80s had an even bigger fall from grace in that period. Leeds for example won the league in 91/92 and then saw a massive decline not too long after. Sheffield Wednesday have spent the majority of their time outside of the top league. Nottingham forest were a big club too and saw themselves until recently outside of the top flight.

Yeah it's desperately disappointing that we didn't capitalise on the premier league when It was formed like the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester Utd did. But we weren't the only ones. As advised many others struggled. I just don't think it's as straight forward as just blaming Bill for everything when in some ways it could be said that he saved us when other teams like Leeds, forest and wednesday fell into the abyss for so long.

Maybe the investment never was there, and when it did arrive with Moshiri the rules had changed stopping us from being able to do what Chelsea or City did.

Just got round to watching the whole thing. Fair to say Jordan is Bills mate (speak regularly) so whatever Jordan says will have come from Bills mouth.

Which still confirms Bill, Denise etc all do zero at the club if Jordan says that Mosh has final say on everything

I think Jordan speaks a lot of sense mostly. Sure he is going to have his friends in the game and his bias but I didn't hear him say much I disagreed with. None of us really knows on behind closed doors. All we can do is sit back and wait for the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back