Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has got the power to remove him, he actually could of done that within days or weeks of his arrival.
All that talk of Bill only selling to him because he agreed to keep him on is silly, maybe he did, but once in Farhad if he wanted to could easily then renege and punt him
Bill absolutely ONLY sold to Moshiri because Moshiri was willing to let him keep a large degree of control over his train set. Dozens of clubs had takeovers whilst Bill just couldn't find anyone anywhere interested in one of the most successful clubs in the country, in the rapidly growing richest football league in the world (I know, a total mystery right?!).

You are right about the first bit though - I could understand Moshiri keeping the execs on board for the first season or so, til he got the lay of the land, but it's 6+ years and BK is still here. Says to me the only person choosing when BK steps down is BK.

Bill absolutely ONLY sold to Moshiri because Moshiri was willing to let him keep a large degree of control over his train set. Dozens of clubs had takeovers whilst Bill just couldn't find anyone anywhere interested in one of the most successful clubs in the country, in the rapidly growing richest football league in the world (I know, a total mystery right?!).

You are right about the first bit though - I could understand Moshiri keeping the execs on board for the first season or so, til he got the lay of the land, but it's 6+ years and BK is still here. Says to me the only person choosing when BK steps down is BK.
Yeah Bill will go when he wants, I can't see Farhad getting him out, no matter how much we protest, he might step down sooner rather then later but too guarantee its soon Moshiri has to sell.
Farhad might of had a gentleman's agreement with him but too a new owner they won't keep this board.

The free ticket brigade.... Grows and grows.

I’m no fan of Kenwright, but I think the focus on him is a bit misplaced.

Moshiri has the power to remove him and hasn’t.

Moshiri is the problem, Bill is just a symptom and symbol of decades of failure.
His incompetence is the reason we ended up with Moshiri as he was refusing any outright sale. In such circumstances there was always a risk. This is especially so if he was insisting on remaining involved.

His incompetence is the reason we ended up with Moshiri as he was refusing any outright sale. In such circumstances there was always a risk. This is especially so if he was insisting on remaining involved.
I agree with that - but sacking Bill alone would be more about emotional catharsis than anything else. It wouldn’t fix the mess.

Don’t get me wrong, he has to go - but he’s not the most pressing issue.

Yeah Bill will go when he wants, I can't see Farhad getting him out, no matter how much we protest, he might step down sooner rather then later but too guarantee its soon Moshiri has to sell.
Farhad might of had a gentleman's agreement with him but too a new owner they won't keep this board.
You are correct. Any new owner would surely boot all the board. If Moshiri hasn't booted him in the first 6 years, I doubt he will now - not matter how many banners get waved or "open letters" get written on the twitterwebs.

If we get relegated this year, I don't think it's toooo wild a suggestion that maybe 77/78 year old BK might decide to step down then (although I could equally see him wanting to stay on for BMD).

You are correct. Any new owner would surely boot all the board. If Moshiri hasn't booted him in the first 6 years, I doubt he will now - not matter how many banners get waved or "open letters" get written on the twitterwebs.

If we get relegated this year, I don't think it's toooo wild a suggestion that maybe 77/78 year old BK might decide to step down then (although I could equally see him wanting to stay on for BMD).
Even if he does step down he will be around in some capacity when BMD opens, we need a 5 year plan, at 77 that's impossible to oversea

The free ticket brigade.... Grows and grows.
"What do we want?", "Free tickets for millionaire ex players!"
"When do we want it?", "As soon as we get rid of the Tory manager!"
?

Just kidding - it's a bit wordy to paint on a bed sheet (plus my 4th wife would go mental if I wasted the last tin of 'summer meadow green' on the new Egyptian cottons).

Alright lads let's do a whip around for Alan. Anyone peasents with an obstructed view ticket can keep them. He said he wants to "watch" the team he supported as a boy.
Not the point though is it. I couldn't care less about him getting or not getting free tickets. What I find laughable is the fact that Kenwright was sound with giving endless freebies out to ex players and anyone else he saw as a friend/ally but then suddenly stops it the second they dare to question him. Part of the reason that the club has been in decline for so long is because of the old boys network that Kenwright has built. The fact that its starting to unravel and people like Stubbs are finally starting to speak out is a good thing even if its for the wrong reasons.

What was Bellew saying the other day on Twitter about sugar daddy Bill (or “the chairman” as he sickeningly calls him)?

Seems he’s deleted it.

I don't understand when fans who are pro Kenwright say that he "saved" Everton? What has he saved us of exactly?

I guess that's what brainwashing does to people i suppose. It's such a weird phrase Bill Kenwright has "saved" Everton. The actual reality of the situation suggests the opposite really.
He saved from what Moshiri has done too us happening 20 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back