Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet he didn’t and therefore he’s been a disastrous owner that’s killed the club. Such fine margins.

Apologies if this is sarcasm, but it's a really big call to not clear house, which is what happens on 99% of occasions like this. It's a huge decision, where a majority of people clearly stated you cant leave Bill in charge and expect it to work.

So for me its not even fine margins, he is not even in the ballpark. And hes had nearly 7 years of evidence to back that up and hot changed it.

I mean, there were meant to have been 2 structural reviews done in that time. Does anyone know what has happened in them, or any criticism if the 2 senior people in the organisation have even been mentioned?

I've not known anything like it. Review into poor performance- outcome stick with leadership team-result things get worse. That's happened twice. If he cant join those dots, it's pointless him being here.

This is just the bottom line really. I don’t understand why there are unsure reaction emojis on this post. It’s mad how determined people are to not hold Moshiri accountable, solely because we’re building a new stadium that we can’t afford to pay for

I think the unsure part is him relegation Kenwright to a symptom... How can a mere symptom precede the existence of the disease? I believe it's short-selling the damage he has done to the club for DECADES... to just say "oh he's just here because Moshiri is here" just reeks of blindness. . cuz if you can't see you smell bad or something is how it works

I think the reality is that Moshiri won’t sell until he can get what the club is worth as a Premier League outfit with a fantastic new stadium.

So really, I suspect we need to get used to the idea that he’s not going anywhere for a while.

But that doesn’t mean pressure can’t be applied to him to recognise his absolute inability to run a football club. His investment would be in better hands if the club were better managed on his behalf.

Either way, he’s the man to target. To get him out, or get him to overhaul the business.

His investment is about to fall off a cliff and lose all its value.

I've seen nothing from these people to believe they could get the team back up if they were to go down.

I've seen nothing from these people to believe they could get the team back up if they were to go down.
Who knows what he would do if relegated.

My suspicion is he'd double-down in an attempt to get immediate promotion - but we've seen what happens when he tries to rush to bridge a gap (to the top 6) and it was what sent us spiralling in the first place.

Relegation would require everybody at the club to work harder than ever before, with renewed focus and dedication to doing more with less to get back up. Has an ill 77 year old got it in him to change his way of doing things and work more intensively?

Relegation would require everybody at the club to work harder than ever before, with renewed focus and dedication to doing more with less to get back up. Has an ill 77 year old got it in him to change his way of doing things and work more intensively?
What does Kenwright actually do day-to-day, though?

I imagine very little now, he's a symbolic chairman and little else.

That's why I think he's the wrong target.

This is an issue in and of itself. A chairman should actually have roles and responsibilities and not just be a token gesture. A chairman should be able to contribute to the running of a club. Kenwright still thinks backpasses are allowed, it probably explains why we’re always at least 10 years behind the rest of the footballing world. If he’s sat on his arse not doing anything then get rid of him right now and put a professional in his place.

They did, as did Bill Kenwright. Let's not remain in denial about Blue Bill. He was never any better than the other charlatans. Just poorer and more cunning.
In terms of running the club.

It’s managers that change clubs. We haven’t picked a good one in 20 years.

Moyes, Royle, Kendall improved us

This is an issue in and of itself. A chairman should actually have roles and responsibilities and not just be a token gesture. A chairman should be able to contribute to the running of a club. Kenwright still thinks backpasses are allowed, it probably explains why we’re always at least 10 years behind the rest of the footballing world. If he’s sat on his arse not doing anything then get rid of him right now and put a professional in his place.
I think Kenwright probably does have some schmooze use, as a salesman of Everton FC as a brand.

But that's it.

I think he’s still negotiating transfers isn’t he, and installing his lickspittles into the academy.

He’s clearly not very good at that either, our branding is atrocious.
I don't mean he does the branding. He's not cracking open the Adobe Creative Cloud each morning for a bit of graphic design.

I mean he sells the club with his theatrical effusiveness. He's demonstrably good at that, because he's had the media under his spell for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back