Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy I’ve read of three or four different illnesses he’s supposedly had, always when he has been under pressure from fans when Everton are in a run of poor results, I find these illnesses hard to believe to be honest.
I am not prepared to go into details mate but, you can take it from me that BK has had some serious health issues in recent years.
And at 77 years of age, it's not an unreasonable assumption that he may still be having issues.

Should he have stood down from his position as Chairman due to ill health - in my opinion, yes he unequivocally should have and should do now.

I am no fan of BK as Chairman of Everton Football Club but, from a humanitarian standpoint, he should put his own health first but, it's his surrounding himself with people of such poor quality and incapable of running the club that is probably the reason he remains in situ - wrongly in my opinion -misguidedly thinking he knows best.

I am not prepared to go into details mate but, you can take it from me that BK has had some serious health issues in recent years.
And at 77 years of age, it's not an unreasonable assumption that he may still be having issues.

Should he have stood down from his position as Chairman due to ill health - in my opinion, yes he unequivocally should have and should do now.

I am no fan of BK as Chairman of Everton Football Club but, from a humanitarian standpoint, he should put his own health first but, it's his surrounding himself with people of such poor quality and incapable of running the club that is probably the reason he remains in situ - wrongly in my opinion.
All the more reason to have relinquished his position as chairman years ago.

I am no fan of BK as Chairman of Everton Football Club but, from a humanitarian standpoint, he should put his own health first but, it's his surrounding himself with people of such poor quality and incapable of running the club that is probably the reason he remains in situ - wrongly in my opinion -misguidedly thinking he knows best.
Andy I believe you, but they never keep him away from the games for any long stretches of time and the people he surrounds himself with in the boardroom he appointed them or approved of them and as you say, I so many words, they are pretty useless, a bit like himself to be honest where the welfare of Everton FC is concerned and I also find it even more hard to to stomach that he puts Everton‘s welfare before his own health.

Andy I believe you, but they never keep him away from the games for any long stretches of time and the people he surrounds himself with in the boardroom he appointed them or approved of them and as you say, I so many words, they are pretty useless, a bit like himself to be honest where the welfare of Everton FC is concerned and I also find it even more hard to to stomach that he puts Everton‘s welfare before his own health.
He has missed a number of games this season so, I think it's fair to assume that him missing games is primarily due to health reasons.
And you're right, he's appointed those around him and they're all largely less use than an ashtray on a motorbike.

He has missed a number of games this season so, I think it's fair to assume that him missing games is primarily due to health reasons.
And you're right, he's appointed those around him and they're all largely less use than an ashtray on a motorbike.
He should have stepped down at the time of his first health scare

Apart from the fact he isnt running the show and hasn't been for years, if he was running the show we would still be in the happy place we found ourselves in pre Moshiri

cca
All the clubs address stadium issues? Which clubs? Sunderland? Middlesbrough? Derby? Wigan? Hull? Reading? Please remind me which divisions they found themselves in afterwards?

er, like we have just had to sell Richarlison now on Farhads show

He had to spend millions to take us backwards
He is the Chairman..... he literally runs the club by definition and is paid handsomely to do so. So he is either complicit or incompetent or both.

Yes ALL clubs including all of our then peer group. Spurs rebuilt twice, Man Utd extended massively. Arsenal, Liverpool..... etc. You don't need to just name the clubs who have always been yoyo clubs, but suffice to say they too all maximised their income streams too by adding new capacity and increasing corporate offer. We achieved nothing! That's before you go into the loss of the Kings Dock for which Kenwright was directly responsible. The Desperation Kirkby debacle because we were subservient to our retail-led paymaster.

Yes, bottom of FFP league on your chairman's watch.... the same chairman that carpet bagged us through over 10yrs of managed decline. Only kept in power by Moyes performing relative miracles on a shoestring. We went from 4th on the income ladder when he joined the board to 12th by the time Moshiri invested. We were 6th last year after several hundred million has been invested.

No trophies for 28yrs..... some happy place.

Between his
  • Advancing years
  • Ill health
  • Being only a part time chairman
It's utterly ridiculous he still holds his position.

A premier league Chairman is a role very far removed from the role Phillip Carter held in the 80s. It's the head of what can easily be a Billion dollar business if done properly.

We have a sentimental old fool as our chair, and people wonder why the entire organisation lacks drive and determination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back