Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope that is it now. Lord knows I have made many negative comments about the man on this forum, but all that is put to rest with him. A period of applause for him at the next home game to pay respects - let bygones be bygones - and hopefully send him off with a win under the lights at Goodison.

A lot of my frustration and anger with how the club has been ran has detached me somewhat from the human side of Kenwright. It has been nice to read so many personal accounts from players, ex-players and others who've worked with or been helped by him. A reminder that he was someone that did a lot of good for others despite your feelings on him as the Chairman.

A discussion/ debate into his legacy and impact at Everton is certainly reasonable in time ( and I have strong views ) but surely you must appreciate that it is totally inappropriate and insensitive to make adverse comment at this time.
i agree but there’s also a lot of people making up nonsense of how good he was as everton chairman rewriting history basically because he died ,so i’m not surprised people are going to have a go back some of the stuff iv seen on here today , see if the same posters are as kind in a couple of weeks when we get hit with a 12 point deduction

i didn’t want to say it but i agree as
per usual people falling over themselves with fake praise , see how nice the same posters are about him next week when we get slammed with a 12 point deduction
Oh behave with this, absolutely no one is doing that, they’re rightly separating Bill the chairman from Bill the human being. If people can’t do that then maybe they shouldn’t post in here for a while

Oh behave with this, absolutely no one is doing that, they’re rightly separating Bill the chairman from Bill the human being. If people can’t do that then maybe they shouldn’t post in here for a while
no there not though are they, iv read he had hard luck, , he just wasn’t rich enough ,always put the club first and to be honest it’s all baloney i know he’s died and people can get a bit but come off it , by all accounts was a good fella who done a lot for charity and was a big evertonian

i agree but there’s also a lot of people making up nonsense of how good he was as everton chairman rewriting history basically because he died ,so i’m not surprised people are going to have a go back some of the stuff iv seen on here today , see if the same posters are as kind in a couple of weeks when we get hit with a 12 point deduction
I have expressed my opinions on him as an owner / chairman when he was alive.
His sad passing does not change my opinion but it is , in my view, totally inappropriate to go into those matters at this time.
I'm sure there will come a time in the not too distant future when we can all have a respectful debate / discussion as to his impact and legacy at Everton.

I have expressed my opinions on him as an owner / chairman when he was alive.
His sad passing does not change my opinion but it is , in my view, totally inappropriate to go into those matters at this time.
I'm sure there will come a time in the not too distant future when we can all have a respectful debate / discussion as to his impact and legacy at Everton.
Indeed, I thought your take yesterday was one of the best Id seen posted anywhere mate. I think for this week we should just be reflecting on the loss of a fellow blue. We have a game against Moyes at the weekend which obviously means something in the grand scheme of things for many reasons. I think we can leave the other stuff till after the weekend imo.

RIP Bill nice guy by all accounts I met him once and seemed a nice fella he stopped to have a chat asking how we was and anything he could do for us, it was 18 years ago I was a steward. Such a shame the way it ended for him here, no doubting his love for the club, sometimes it’s hard to let go and at the time what a coup it was getting moshiri involved just sad the way its all ended.

Dont really want to get into the tit for tat convos but seeing a few clips today from simon jordan. In the same clip he had a little quip at some Everton fans and then immediately said he spoke to Bill not long ago and questioned him on regarding what was going on at the club with Moshiri...the benitez thing etc.
Isnt that basically what most Everton fans were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back