Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the booing was extreme. The sad fact is once Zamora scored QPR began to look a bit tasty and the last thing any of us wanted was a repeat of last season's Newcastle game at GP.

Unless you have a very short memory, that game began as a dream, but turned into a nightmare where our legs gave way and we were forced to crawl across the finish line by our tongue as the Geordies came forward in droves after being seemingly out of it at half time.

If the game is won then why not? If you score 3 goals you earn the right to play safe (if you want to). Points first, entertainment second..... it's how we defied the odds 10 years ago isn't it?

Last edited:
Booing last night was a disgrace....as were the short-sighted shouts and groans last Thursday night when the youth Team were buffeted for not being Barcelona. Some of it was sadly pathetic.

I must admit, I did groan at home a bit with some of the promising freekicks ending up as a Howard clearance.

Does that count?

Annoyed Mrs R anyrate. "Its only a football match" tosh from her.

I wouldn't put up with that, me

Mrs. K learned years ago not to say owt like that when I am cracking up watching a televised Everton game :whip:

The booing and moaning isn't a new thing, it happened decades ago too, but it's definitely got worse. Players are a bit out of form and short of confidence, that happens and people should understand it a bit more than they seem to.

Oh for sure.

I have been going over forty years and the crowd always booed a poor performance.

But the extraordinary thing about last night was it was the first time I can remember ever hearing booing when we have basically won in a canter.

(Although I wasn't there last night and only watched on Sky)

Now look, I personally wouldn't have booed last night, unlike versus Hull when I booed enthusiastically.

But I cannot bring myself to dismiss last night's booers as a bunch of malcontents.

I think it was Wooly Blue who said that Bobby is over compensating for the trauma of the opening four of five games when we gave out goals like confetti.

I agree with this and have posted earlier on the thread Bobby has become much more pragmatic since the Palace game.

Which let's face it, he had to do.

A good wee winning run and the return to full fitness and form for our key players will hopefully see a return to a more aggressive style as the season wears on.

With all due respect to the OP, when you've spent two nights in the past two weeks travelling straight from work to watch a match in the freezing cold or pissing down rain and are treated to a thoroughly underwhelming display you'd probably be more understanding of the frustration.

People are not booing individual players, they're booing the style of play. It's precisely because of our history and the school of science that people get annoyed with some of the stupid things we've done of late.

Our continued failure to keep our wide players out wide baffles me. As an example.

Oh, and i'd rather see us win 1-0 but put in a superb, measured display than win 3-1 but play so bang average. But for a deflection we would have gone in 1-0 at half time and it could have been a very different story.

I don't question whether there is justification for the negative environment. I only question whether the negative environment is more likely to lead to improved performance or whether it is more likely to lead to a decrease in performance. The latter, I think, especially given Redknapp's postgame comments.

I don't question whether there is justification for the negative environment. I only question whether the negative environment is more likely to lead to improved performance or whether it is more likely to lead to a decrease in performance. The latter, I think, especially given Redknapp's postgame comments.

What did he say?

BTW.....it is a two way street.

More listless performances will lead to more negative vibes from the terraces.

And as you know yourself, the listless performances started before the ennui among the fans.

The Old Lady was rocking for Arsenal and for Chelsea, despite us being two down inside five minutes

Desisting from booing is one thing.....but expecting people to get all happy clappy when the play on the pitch is slow and predictable is quite another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back