Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Take the sting out the game".

When we are 3-0 up.........against the worst team we have seen at Goodison all season.

A team which before last night had scored twice away from home all season?

Yeah right.

We should have been kicking on and puting them to the sword.

You "take the sting out if the game" when there is still a chance you might get stung.....like if you are a goal up against Chelsea with a few minutes left.
Think you need to take the sting out of your arse lad ;)

Booing them isn't the answer, maybe a big collective sigh or hmmmmmm is better...??

Haha :p
However booing unless you're getting seriously fugged doesn't make sense. We were 3-1 up, don't get me wrong some of the free kicks were badly frustrating.

Being at the match last night the booing for whatever reason was uncomfortable. We're better than that. Easy enough to boo from an arm chair watching a stream but being there you can see it affect the players. It's like they're little kids being told off.

Think you need to take the sting out of your arse lad ;)

Booing them isn't the answer, maybe a big collective sigh or hmmmmmm is better...??

Haha :p
However booing unless you're getting seriously fugged doesn't make sense. We were 3-1 up, don't get me wrong some of the free kicks were badly frustrating.

Being at the match last night the booing for whatever reason was uncomfortable. We're better than that. Easy enough to boo from an arm chair watching a stream but being there you can see it affect the players. It's like they're little kids being told off.

I don't altogether disagree with you about the booing.....I wasn't there last night and it seemed weird on TV hearing booing when we were comfortably in front.

I was at the Hull match and I joined in what I thought was well deserved booing.

No, all I was doing is querying your definition of "taking the sting out" of a game.

We weren't in danger of being stung so we should have been kicking on looking for smother goal or two IMO.

The best way to remove the sting from a team like QPR is to swat the wasp...:pint2:

The fans are just letting it known that they don't like the unnecessary didly dadling and back passing. It shows they are in tune with the actuall game and perhaps voting for change with noise. We want Everton to do better and teams have adjusted to how we play and set up to neutralise it. It's why we have lost many points. There is no pleasure in booing but it's the booing of tactics not players per say.

I thought the biggest boo was when it looked like the steward was pulling that mad Bullens road streaker away. I'm not a booer, but I did give it the old 'FFS not again' a couple of times. To be honest they only way to shut the booing is those who don't agree to make more noise and start a chant or two. Fans are fickle and will quite happily follow the lead of someone else.

There was hardly any booing last night. Just a handful of beauts towards the end of the game. We were 3 1 up and seeing out the game. I personally left the ground very happy

tumblr_n1izs097Bp1rrlqdoo1_500.jpg

I don't altogether disagree with you about the booing.....I wasn't there last night and it seemed weird on TV hearing booing when we were comfortably in front.

I was at the Hull match and I joined in what I thought was well deserved booing.

No, all I was doing is querying your definition of "taking the sting out" of a game.

We weren't in danger of being stung so we should have been kicking on looking for smother goal or two IMO.

The best way to remove the sting from a team like QPR is to swat the wasp...:pint2:

By all accounts the hull game was a bad blend of crud and I think the fans showed the players live review they deserved. I think it would have been the same had we drawn or lost last night.

We've been punished a few times this season for not wrappings things up so I welcome positive containment of possession but I suppose in equal measure to pure sex attacking!

They're all wasps though! Swat them all ;)

There was hardly any booing last night. Just a handful of beauts towards the end of the game. We were 3 1 up and seeing out the game. I personally left the ground very happy

The clowns booing are in a very small minority but the problem is because everyone else is silent they stand out.
I don't think its about tactics either because i would imagine a lot of them don't fully understand what is actually going on. Good example of that is when you get people shouting "catch it" at Howard when he has punched a ball, most of the time when he does that the cross isn't available to be caught due to reaching across heads but there not going to get onto that.

The clowns booing are in a very small minority but the problem is because everyone else is silent they stand out.
I don't think its about tactics either because i would imagine a lot of them don't fully understand what is actually going on. Good example of that is when you get people shouting "catch it" at Howard when he has punched a ball, most of the time when he does that the cross isn't available to be caught due to reaching across heads but there not going to get onto that.
I agree with all that mate.good post.ive got someone who sits by me who constantly slates naismith. Hopefully after this season he'll go back to wherever he came from

I had a bloke near me last night doing similar with McGeady. If QPR were attacking down that side he'd be screaming "Hey McGeady. Get your lazy a**e back and help out you divvy." If McGeady came back to help out he'd shout "What are you doing back there, McGeady? Get your lazy a**e back up the pitch you divvy".

Others like myself simply put head in hands.
There was a lad in the Park End in front of me with his head in his hands a few times.
I figured he was trying to keep warm !

On the booing, can't say I really understand it. I get that people have paid there money and so I guess that gives people the right to boo if they like, but booing a back-pass serves no purpose. If people want to show their frustration by booing a poor performance, then leave it to the end of the match.

I must admit, I did groan at home a bit with some of the promising freekicks ending up as a Howard clearance.

Does that count?

Annoyed Mrs R anyrate. "Its only a football match" tosh from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back