Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - I admit it, I was one of the boo-ers. Out of sheer bloody frustration. We'd had the 40-yard free-kick that went back to Howard, we'd had several occasions where we'd lost possession fannying about at the back; several occasions where we'd passed it around sideways for 10 passes and then back to Howard who just hoofed it. The final straw was late on in the game when Mirallas was in an attacking position level with the 18 yard box, with plenty of support up front, and four passes later it was back with Howard. I'm afraid that just saying "oh dearie me, that's a shame" did not encapsulate my frustration at what I was seeing.

can we deliver a decent cross into the box from a set piece?

corners, free kicks.
We've got big men - Lukaku, Distin, Jags, Barry.
We've also apparently got some of the best deliverers of a ball - Baines, Miralles, McGeady, Barkley

If other teams score from set plays then what the frick is the problem with trying to score from them?

can we deliver a decent cross into the box from a set piece?

corners, free kicks.
We've got big men - Lukaku, Distin, Jags, Barry.
We've also apparently got some of the best deliverers of a ball - Baines, Miralles, McGeady, Barkley

If other teams score from set plays then what the frick is the problem with trying to score from them?

Baines doesn't seem to take as many free kicks as he used to which frustrates me. There's nothing better than watching a Baines free kick fly in!

I was saying boourns, if that makes any difference

dd9058be144f3328b03bf09908f30b13acb83fba813a438f7f7f0e767fda2934.jpg

Basically we've picked up a load of whinging bastards who sacked off the game for a couple of seasons towards the end of Moyes era as they couldn't hack it, only to come back and want to moan at every opportunity now.

The vast majority of the extra 6-7,00 added to our gates this season are clueless and expect us to win every game with a flawless performance.

Having said that, the wasting of freekicks is becoming tiresome, but to start booing our captain for retaining possession at 3-1 up of an easy victory is an utter embarrassment.

I was frustrated too at seeing us pass it all the way back to Howard from an attacking position. But when it's 3-1 with ten minutes to go is there really any need to push forward for another goal?

If they'd have broke and got a 2nd it would have been backs to the wall for the last 5 minutes.

Remember Crystanbull (of course you do), every one of us laughing at Rodgers tactical ineptitude because he had his team push for more goals at 3-1 instead of closing the game out. Look what happened.

For us, retaining possession at that stage was probably the smartest move, even if it does bore you to death.

I was frustrated too at seeing us pass it all the way back to Howard from an attacking position. But when it's 3-1 with ten minutes to go is there really any need to push forward for another goal?

If they'd have broke and got a 2nd it would have been backs to the wall for the last 5 minutes.

Remember Crystanbull (of course you do), every one of us laughing at Rodgers tactical ineptitude because he had his team push for more goals at 3-1 instead of closing the game out. Look what happened.

For us, retaining possession at that stage was probably the smartest move, even if it does bore you to death.

Missing the point - WE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS ALL SEASON, WHEN LOSING OR DRAWING. It was fine last season when we were winning but when we are in need of points and doing it at home to Hull it's not good.

Totally agree with this, Distin especially is only capable of playing it across the back 4, or hoof.... Once Stones is back and we have a CB who is more comfortable on the ball, it will improve

That's harsh imo. He is OK at coming forward but often there is no real pass on only Baines who is marked tight.

Well yes of course there is. When a league that has goal differential that counts, yes there is a need to push forward to score more goals. I don't think any team should just switch off after realizing that the game is won. Why not keep going ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back