Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was frustrated too at seeing us pass it all the way back to Howard from an attacking position. But when it's 3-1 with ten minutes to go is there really any need to push forward for another goal?

If they'd have broke and got a 2nd it would have been backs to the wall for the last 5 minutes.

Remember Crystanbull (of course you do), every one of us laughing at Rodgers tactical ineptitude because he had his team push for more goals at 3-1 instead of closing the game out. Look what happened.

For us, retaining possession at that stage was probably the smartest move, even if it does bore you to death.

That would be an excellent point but for one thing.

The same "retaining possession" for what seems like like retaining possession's sake was on display during the first dismal twenty minutes.

It was what we witnessed againt Hull and we weren't even leading near the end in that game.

And yes, playing against a poor side like last evening's opponents we should indeed be trying to score more goals in the last ten minutes if we are 3-1 in front.

We shouldn't be booing like brats when we, dare i say again, take the sting out the game.

"Take the sting out the game".

When we are 3-0 up.........against the worst team we have seen at Goodison all season.

A team which before last night had scored twice away from home all season?

Yeah right.

We should have been kicking on and puting them to the sword.

You "take the sting out if the game" when there is still a chance you might get stung.....like if you are a goal up against Chelsea with a few minutes left.

distin is one of the worst players i've ever seen with ball at his feet, he takes so long to decide what to do that he puts HIM SELF in danger.

I've never quite classed him as a footballer, good defender but he is an athlete in my eyes.

Oldest outfield player in the premiership, fair play to him like. I'm a fan of his but he is only going to deteriorate over time. I hope he goes in the summer on a high and finishes his career in France or US of A.

Good isn't it, years ago we would've been acting like we've won the league, now we're disgusted with only winning 3-1.

I burnt my shirt last night and ended up watching the game in just my trunks, i don't think anyone spotted me thankfully.

Your lucky mate, a bloke got removed from the upper Bullens last night for doing just that :)

Booing the players for keeping possession when comfortably winning the game is bad ted behaviour.

Some of the auld arses should try supporting the team rather than shouting abuse at them every 2 minutes. Winds me up, been the same for years

"I've paid me money I'll shout worra like"

This all over, I've sat next to right moaners who scream at the players, does my head in and ruins the experience for me.
All the booing does is make our players heads drop, revert to hoof and gives the opposition a boost.

Would never tell a fellow fan how to act but the sheer hostility at times is really strange, even if we're in and out of form.

And its not just this season, even last year it was deathly quiet, and the moans and groans kicked in as soon as a single pass was misplaced.

Think after how well last year went some fans become spoilt brats expecting to blow everyone and everything away

Its been like this for years now, Used to sit in the main stand around 6 years ago, my god the moans were depressing, ruined the experience for me. Our support at Home is crap and been like this for years now.

Given the flair and confidence we played with last season, I think it's understandable. The supporters want to see that kind of free-flowing football again, but this season the players seem to lack that confidence to play at a high tempo. IMO, it's because we're much shakier at the back this season, as a result the play going forward is more deliberate as the players are afraid to take chances, lest they lose possession and it leads to a goal.

You should never ever boo players in an Everton shirt. There has been some awful ones, including a few currents but they're playing for our club at the end of the day.

Agreed but, we are not booing the players it is the play we are objecting to. The players will know this too. Seriously, I would never boo a blue but RM needs to know that we are going backwards in more ways than one.

I dont boo
I+don+t+tip+_d92d57bf4b3cce6adab89be0a390c6b3.jpg

I'm getting the feeling the possession for the sake of it is a Martinez idea to save a bit of energy. The game was as good as wrapped up, I wasn't pleased to see a FK in their half knocked back and back and back until Howard booted long and they turned over possession. It is annoying. But I can see the logic in not having the players kill themselves for another goal in a game that was near done, wasn't a final or where we needed GD to get something on the end of it.

Knocking the ball around at the back is all well and good, its like a reset button so we get into shape and look to move players around to then find incisive passes. Great. But its not a diet of entertainment that has been served up that much or for that long. Maybe the supporters will take to it, but it might take a bit of time and there might need to be a bit more done center of the field too.

Moyes got a lot of grief for very rarely taking sides to the guillotine, the Sunderland game is the obvious one that sticks out. Will we see a Martinez side finish a game 6 clear of the opposition in the near future? (cup games vs lowly opponents doesn't count)

Agreed but, we are not booing the players it is the play we are objecting to. The players will know this too. Seriously, I would never boo a blue but RM needs to know that we are going backwards in more ways than one.
This is the main point, ultimately the booing is directed towards the managers tactics and is born from frustration. We were spoilt last season, which is making this seasons lethargy harder to fathom. I do expect an upturn in form now we can forget about Europe for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back