Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a lad in the Park End in front of me with his head in his hands a few times.
I figured he was trying to keep warm !

On the booing, can't say I really understand it. I get that people have paid there money and so I guess that gives people the right to boo if they like, but booing a back-pass serves no purpose. If people want to show their frustration by booing a poor performance, then leave it to the end of the match.
People just got frustrated at the knocking it round the back and playing such safety first and neutered football. It was an accumulation of that and a free kick up their end that goes back to the keeper was the straw that broke the camels back. If you are going to play it safe, drop men back and just pump it into the box. At least try to have a go.

Well that's how I saw it anyway.

There was hardly any booing last night. Just a handful of beauts towards the end of the game. We were 3 1 up and seeing out the game. I personally left the ground very happy
Ladbrokes can confirm that a 43 match going blues had a fiver on 4 - 1 with odds @ 25 - 1

So that explains the few booing then.

People just got frustrated at the knocking it round the back and playing such safety first and neutered football. It was an accumulation of that and a free kick up their end that goes back to the keeper was the straw that broke the camels back. If you are going to play it safe, drop men back and just pump it into the box. At least try to have a go.

Well that's how I saw it anyway.

Yea, I understand the reasons. There just seems to be a "We've paid to be entertained" attitude lately and, if it doesn't happen, then lets all go off on one. I'm sure the team would love to play free flowing footie and have us on the edge of our seats and purring with delight, but it's not happening for them at the moment.

People were going ape turd when we were shipping goals. We conceded 13 goals in our first five league games, but have only conceded 11 in the last 11 games, seems to me we've over-compensated now to keep it tighter but you can't have it all ways.

The booing and moaning isn't a new thing, it happened decades ago too, but it's definitely got worse. Players are a bit out of form and short of confidence, that happens and people should understand it a bit more than they seem to.

Yea, I understand the reasons. There just seems to be a "We've paid to be entertained" attitude lately and, if it doesn't happen, then lets all go off on one. I'm sure the team would love to play free flowing footie and have us on the edge of our seats and purring with delight, but it's not happening for them at the moment.

People were going ape turd when we were shipping goals. We conceded 13 goals in our first five league games, but have only conceded 11 in the last 11 games, seems to me we've over-compensated now to keep it tighter but you can't have it all ways.

The booing and moaning isn't a new thing, it happened decades ago too, but it's definitely got worse. Players are a bit out of form and short of confidence, that happens and people should understand it a bit more than they seem to.
Could you not be reasonable? Trying to moan here.

It's like we are low on confidence and some people think the way to help them is by booooooooing.

I personally blame the WWF. Loads of blues watch wrestling and it's full of booing, so they bring that experience to the game. Loads of foam fingers soon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back