Boss photos you've taken

The cold freeze has gone, and it's much warmer tonight, so I thought I would have a quick look in the garden (around 11pm-ish)..

There wasn't much in all honesty, but I managed 3 photo's.

First is a woodlice which I suspect is not the victim in the photo... As well as decaying wood, common rough woodlice feed on leaf litter, fungi, fallen fruit, dead animals and even faeces. They even eat their own excrement, an act known as coprophagy. I think this one is feeding on the spider, not the other way around...

wood_eat_a_4k-XL.jpg

Next up is the tail end of a scooting Katiannidae globular springtail. They are small (up to 6 mm) but very abundant. This one just didn't fancy a portrait though...

kat_bum_a_4k-XL.jpg

Third up is a fly on the garden fence - there were two, but the other turned away from the camera, so I stayed with this one.

eyefly_b_4k-XL.jpg

Paul.

The cold freeze has gone, and it's much warmer tonight, so I thought I would have a quick look in the garden (around 11pm-ish)..

There wasn't much in all honesty, but I managed 3 photo's.

First is a woodlice which I suspect is not the victim in the photo... As well as decaying wood, common rough woodlice feed on leaf litter, fungi, fallen fruit, dead animals and even faeces. They even eat their own excrement, an act known as coprophagy. I think this one is feeding on the spider, not the other way around...

wood_eat_a_4k-XL.jpg

Next up is the tail end of a scooting Katiannidae globular springtail. They are small (up to 6 mm) but very abundant. This one just didn't fancy a portrait though...

kat_bum_a_4k-XL.jpg

Third up is a fly on the garden fence - there were two, but the other turned away from the camera, so I stayed with this one.

eyefly_b_4k-XL.jpg

Paul.

How the feck do you get a fly to sit that still...poo on the lens trap?

The local brick croft reserve (well it's about 8 miles and twenty minutes away) has all the usual culprits and seeing as it's not the best time of year for macro, here are a few New Years Day wildlife photos.

tree_rat_a_4k-XL.jpg

robin_e_4k-XL.jpg

robin_d_4k-XL.jpg

robin_b_4k-XL.jpg

robin_a_4k-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/RF100-400-Lens/i-nKn9cHB/0/db7cc995/XL/chaffinch_a_4k-XL.jpg[img]

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/RF100-400-Lens/i-M8Tjbpv/0/719c2eae/XL/blacbird_a_4k-XL.jpg

blue_tit_a_4k-XL.jpg

great_tit_c_4k-XL.jpg

great_tit_a_4k-XL.jpg

great_tit_b_4k-XL.jpg

woodpigeon_a_4k-XL.jpg

Paul.

My first 2 attempts at taking my new DJI Mini Pro 3 drone on it's inaugural flights. I'm astonished at how stable the drone is in flight. So I dared the dreaded first flight, and then a second.

My editing skills are not up to much, nor is my drone flying!

The Ribble Estuary, Preston:

Avenham Park is on the edge of the city of Preston in Lancashire (England).

Paul.

My first 2 attempts at taking my new DJI Mini Pro 3 drone on it's inaugural flights. I'm astonished at how stable the drone is in flight. So I dared the dreaded first flight, and then a second.

My editing skills are not up to much, nor is my drone flying!

The Ribble Estuary, Preston:
I'm a bit disappointed that there's not a spider or a springtail in sight. :)
Actually they are very, very good, particularly for first attempts. ;)
Christmas present?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back