Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t Iwobi‘s shirt.
It was a shirt belonging to one of the supporters.

The supporter threw it on during the game and the stewards gave him it back and he threw it again after the match.

Iwobi gave his shirt to someone he knew.
Hmm, hat, scarf, ticket and spare shirt for throwing. Right love I’m off to the game.

Yes, we hoof now and look where we are. How will more hoofing make us better?
Transitioning to a different play style mid season with low points with a limited squad will only lead to us picking up even less points.

When a team is limited and already in trouble, a dramatic play style change is unlikely to save us.
Were currently already drilled and set up to play and that style, so a manager whos good at that style could Improve us enough.

Transitioning to a different play style mid season with low points with a limited squad will only lead to us picking up even less points.

When a team is limited and already in trouble, a dramatic play style change is unlikely to save us.
Were currently already drilled and set up to play and that style, so a manager whos good at that style could Improve us enough.
Our slow possession based style wont work though so we have no option but to change.

We had 65% possession yesterday. And did absolutely nothing with it. That shows we arent direct enough and aren't brave enough in possession and dont take enough shots at goal.

We need to be solid and stop leaving huge gaps between the lines.

Unless there is a dramatic change of style, we have no chance of improving. Lampard needs to go back to pragmatic football and ditch his new found obsession with winning the passing

Our slow possession based style wont work though so we have no option but to change.

We had 65% possession yesterday. And did absolutely nothing with it. That shows we arent direct enough and aren't brave enough in possession and dont take enough shots at goal.

We need to be solid and stop leaving huge gaps between the lines.

Unless there is a dramatic change of style, we have no chance of improving. Lampard needs to go back to pragmatic football and ditch his new found obsession with winning the passing
We still play hoof ball though, the possession we have is the back 4 keeping the ball before hoofing it Maupay.
Well that's what it was yesterday & some of Tuesday anyway

It felt like something had changed for a few weeks, but here we are, back to hating Everton in time for Christmas. Strong chance of another relegation scrap in the new year.

Gray, McNeil, and maybe even Gordon, are not good enough to be first choice attacking options. We desperately need more firepower; two quality attacking options in January won’t transform us, but it should be enough to lift us into mid-table.

Just watched that debacle again on MOTD. if the clown in goal hadn't of dropped a dolly and the referee, who we've got history with had done his job properly then it would have been a different game.They bang the drum week in, week out that the game must be stopped were there's a head injury. Why wasn't it. There's got to be a hidden agenda in that particular refs mind for him not to do that. It's very questionable. Having said all that, we were awful. 2nd to every ball. Their midfield looked like some of the great Brazil teams at times. It's unacceptable.

I've just watched the whole match through. I was keeping a close eye on Gana Gueye because of a report I heard that he gave the ball away an unbelievable 20 times in the game. It was unbelievable because it wasn't true.
Pickford's performance was terrible throughout, I think he only actually trapped one shot, the others - including for the first goal - he batted away. He'll have to do better than that in Qatar. Giving away that first goal, when we were actually controlling the game, killed us.
The second goal was farcical given that Tarkowski was lying dead with a head injury on the 6 yard line and the referee failed to blow his whistle, although he did stop the game in the second half when a Bournemouth player ran into Tarkowski in our area and fell over. Pawson has always been an awful ref, and isn't getting any better.
Why didn't we start with Tom Cannon at centre forward, or at least bring him on at half time? He did more in the 20 minutes he played than Maupay has done in the last three matches. We need a focal point with some height and weight which Maupay isn't.
My MoM award goes to Patterson who did nothing wrong, with special mentions to Seamus, Conor Coady and Tarkowski. Gray continued with his frustrating stooping dead when he gets the ball, then going backwards, or passing backwards. He only actually had a go in the last 5 minutes.
Roll on the January transfer window, I hope we've got the right players lined up!

Only positive i can take from yesterday that the club cant hide that this team needs new players. Even witht dcl injury shows we can not just hooe he fixes everything is massive this break

Only positive i can take from yesterday that the club cant hide that this team needs new players. Even witht Dominic Calvert-Lewin injury shows we can not just hooe he fixes everything is massive this break

When have they pretended that wasn't the case mate?

We signed 8 players this summer.

I've just watched the whole match through. I was keeping a close eye on Gana Gueye because of a report I heard that he gave the ball away an unbelievable 20 times in the game. It was unbelievable because it wasn't true.
Pickford's performance was terrible throughout, I think he only actually trapped one shot, the others - including for the first goal - he batted away. He'll have to do better than that in Qatar. Giving away that first goal, when we were actually controlling the game, killed us.
The second goal was farcical given that Tarkowski was lying dead with a head injury on the 6 yard line and the referee failed to blow his whistle, although he did stop the game in the second half when a Bournemouth player ran into Tarkowski in our area and fell over. Pawson has always been an awful ref, and isn't getting any better.
Why didn't we start with Tom Cannon at centre forward, or at least bring him on at half time? He did more in the 20 minutes he played than Maupay has done in the last three matches. We need a focal point with some height and weight which Maupay isn't.
My MoM award goes to Patterson who did nothing wrong, with special mentions to Seamus, Conor Coady and Tarkowski. Gray continued with his frustrating stooping dead when he gets the ball, then going backwards, or passing backwards. He only actually had a go in the last 5 minutes.
Roll on the January transfer window, I hope we've got the right players lined up!
Here, here.

When the club did not replace dom or rich. Yes got mcneil and maupay but should have got another cf and a winger in.

Sadly we're in a pickle with FFP so that wasn't possible.

Maupay isn't a bad player - in the right set up he'll get you circa 8 goals a season which is fine for a back up CF.

The problem is the manager playing a system of lobbing crosses into him when he's 5 ft8.

I'm feed up with seeing training ground videos of players scoring goals and doing fancy tricks. It's no good doing it in training if you don't do [Poor language removed] all on sat afternoon.
Spot on.
Those poxy training games where no-one puts a tackle in does not prepare them for the heat of battle.
Prima donna's with no heart all over the pitch.
If they think those 2 perfomances are anywhere near the standard required for a club like ours they need a rude awakening.
We have to accept the fact that the whole team needs rebuilding. There's so many areas of weakness it's difficult to know where to start. Massive clearout of the players who've shown they simply cannot handle playing for us or are always on the treatment table. I'm not sure I'd lose any sleep if we sold the lot. Maybe keep Tarkowsi and Patterson.
Lampard has to cut his cloth too - no good playing a formation where we are overrun every game.

Just watched that debacle again on MOTD. if the clown in goal hadn't of dropped a dolly and the referee, who we've got history with had done his job properly then it would have been a different game.They bang the drum week in, week out that the game must be stopped were there's a head injury. Why wasn't it. There's got to be a hidden agenda in that particular refs mind for him not to do that. It's very questionable. Having said all that, we were awful. 2nd to every ball. Their midfield looked like some of the great Brazil teams at times. It's unacceptable.
Stop.The clown in goal is world class. He plays for England and mad a great save against Chelsea. The 500 clangers he droped dont count!

Status
Not open for further replies.