Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton, Sat 30/12/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast forward a few months and I'd like to see Moshiri taking full control, progress on the stadium and a new manager in place, I suspect we'll still be in limbo with the club ownership and Steve Walsh will still be dictating player recruitment so I won't get too carried away.
He needs to also spend on the squad. Our fans won't put up with this for long and changing managers will only appease them for so long.

I reckon it must be down to their age and inexperience, the same will happen to DCL when a striker comes in. But he unlike the others has had a good run in the side and not really done much so I'd be happy to see less of him.
I hear what you are saying but I still feel that he would offer more than Bolasie who is not match fit, McCarthy who is always injured and Morgan the crab (just to mention a few).

More talking about starting with 3 DMs and waiting until we go a goal down to have a go. Annoyed he didn't bring on Niasse to play alongside DCL and not replace him.
I agree, as much as I don't really rate DCL, I'm fed up with this obsession we have had for years (and we aren't the only team) to play one up front. In the 80s it wasn't like that and we actually were good to watch.

Lots of good points being made here. But also some complete dross.

- People slagging Bolasie off. He’s been out for a year. He’s not the answer to all our problems in any case, but I would not expect him to be back to full ability before Easter, if ever!

- people treating Vlasic and Lookman as if they are messi and Ronaldo. The last thing this team needs right now is more inexperience and lack of discipline. These guys are full of running and skill. But they both lose the ball regularly and have not yet proved themselves to be good enough - certainly not good enough to turn this team around.

- Worst shout if seen so far was that Besic should be playing. Dear lord....

Next game United
omgcw.gif

I hear what you are saying but I still feel that he would offer more than Bolasie who is not match fit, McCarthy who is always injured and Morgan the crab (just to mention a few).
Yes I agree I'd especailly like to see Vlasic play more, I just think maybe the manager doesn't trust youth unless it's and absolute must like Kenny. It's like that with a lot of teams, but they are squad member who have done ok when played, others have been awfull but still play regular.

I find the narrative that this squad is suddenly terrible and relegation fodder laughable. We talk about confidence well what do you think the confidence of the front players it's like when we refuse to go forward? The defenders have spoken up and said they're very happy but that's because they're getting more help than they need.

Well that's the recovery well and truly stalled.
I'm grateful for the points he has got us in the time he's been here because looking at the next half dozen league fixtures, unless he changes his tactics together with the long awaited arrival of a proven striker, I can only hope the teams below us don't go on a decent run. If they do, my statement earlier about us being all but safe will look a bit dicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back