Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton, Sat 30/12/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
...we’ve been playing like that and not losing. We played like that today and lost. Allardyce has got a remarkable return of points since he took over but it’s the same group of players that had us in the bottom three. It was only weeks ago we got thumped by Southampton on the back of thumping by everybody else.

We are a very average team amongst other very average teams, that is the reality.

This. We need drastically sorted out.

We set up completely wrong for this one. We should never ever play with 3 dms again. They all take up each others positions and stop each other from being effective. Not only that but it invites pressure, first half DCL was our only outball, which is pathetic

We are Everton. To think we should be entering a season with at least that not being our ambition is embarrassing
On what planet are we better than one of Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool?

The key word here is ‘expectation’. So you genuinely believe that we should be finishing above one of those mentioned above or the season is a failure? Because if so that’s ludicrous.

This is the problem with our fan base.

I thought the manner in which we lost was unlucky(a deflected goal in the 89 th minute) but we have ridden our luck in the last month so you cant complain and all their attacks were coming from that side so it was no surprise when it happened as Kenny was poor today.

not gonna lie

i would be very happy if schneiderlin, keane, mccarthy never play for us ever again

on another note why are we still playing martina as left back

and christ almighty bolasie should be nowhere near the first team atm, stick him in the under 23's let him get some fitness and game time there and give frigging vlasic and lookman some first team opportunites.

There's literally nobody else to play there

Although at the moment, i'd seriously consider getting Galloway back or even punting Garbutt in there

Jagielka shouldn't be near this team ever again. Goes also for McCarthy and Schneiderlin. I backed Morgan earlier in the season but he's an utter coward. No stomach for the fight. Get rid of those three with Mirallas as an absolute minimum. Can't wait until we get an actual, proper, plays-there-all-the-time striker in.

On what planet are we better than one of Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool?

The key word here is ‘expectation’. So you genuinely believe that we should be finishing above one of those mentioned above or the season is a failure? Because if so that’s ludicrous.

This is the problem with our fan base.
We weren't far off a couple of seasons ago.

I'll comfort myself with the win yesterday.
image.png

Fully deserved defeat, I won't go overboard on the Allardyce criticism because I fully understand he has one of the worst squads in the league but starting 3 defensive midfielders away to that garbage team is unacceptable. Again only one shot on target. A few conclusions from the game:

Niasse is better than DcL - for now. Hopefully Tosun is better than both.
Cuco Martina and JJK have to be the worst full backs in the league, change both ASAP.
Sell the following on January 1st: Mirallas, Williams, McCarthy, Besic. Retire Jagielka.
Buy a centre half to partner one of Keane/Holgate.
Buy full backs in both positions.
Buy Steven Nzonzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back