Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton, Sat 30/12/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Kenny bolstered that mistrust today
Kenny has been without doubt our best defender this season (I admit with zero competition) and you single him out for criticism after his first sub par performance in 2 months. I'm not sure if that's because of your own lack of faith/trust in young players, or if it's in blind defence of the manager. But in any event Kenny was still not the worst defender on show today. Not even then second worst.

It's a reality check.

We are a team, which in all departments is unable to maintain possession or pass accurately.

We are subsequently under pressure for significant periods of all matches, home and away.

Listening to the commentary on radio Murkeyside today, it was obvious that we were constantly under the cosh.

It was only a matter of time before we went behind, and lot's to rectify for the 2 Sam's.
Don't think it's a reality check at all mate. We've been riding our luck in quite a few games and quite a few of us on here were half expecting this.

We have some utter rubbish players alright. Need a big cull. Dlc is a championship player. Not his fault today though. No support.

Agree , not DCL's fault he is being asked to lead our attack, he should never have been put in that position.

This year should of been a year that saw him coming on in games and learning his trade, its a good job he seems mentally strong, because this season would break many young strikers.

Kenny has been without doubt our best defender this season (I admit with zero competition) and you single him out for criticism after his first sub par performance in 2 months. I'm not sure if that's because of your own lack of faith/trust in young players, or if it's in blind defence of the manager. But in any event Kenny was still not the worst defender on show today. Not even then second worst.
He was roasted today lad and as I said in an earlier post not professional enough in allowing the run through at the end.

I We talk about confidence well what do you think the confidence of the front players it's like when we refuse to go forward? The defenders have spoken up and said they're very happy but that's because they're getting more help than they need.

Agree mate, I said it the other day, we finished 7th last season, 6th top scorers, and 6th best defensive record in the premier with this squad.

Also, it’s funny isn’t it, it wasn’t that long ago under Koeman that this squad was one of the best we have ever had.

The one thing i thought Allardyce would bring to the team was a cynicism when it comes to nipping opposition counterattacks in the bud before they become too dangerous. It appears not though. Virtually every other team in the league would have made sure that Bournemouths winning attack was interrupted by foul means as soon as the ball got into our half. Kenny or someone else should have taken a booking for the team.

He did address those sort of things in the prematch interview.
Said we didn’t play with intelligence and that good experienced players weren’t doing their job.
He also suggested we would be playing defensively for the rest of the season as our attacking players didn’t have enough goals in them.
Chastening stuff.

He was roasted today lad and as I said in an earlier post not professional enough in allowing the run through at the end.
I'll guarantee that the king of the cynical foul, Gareth Barry, wasn't doing it at 20 mate. Plus Keane and Jagielka were equally as bad today if not worse. And Martina only slightly better.

I agree it was probably Kenny's worst game for us and his first bad game in 2 months. But given he's been our best defender this season it's wrong to use his performance today to justify any lack of trust Allardyce may have in young players, which is what your original post was doing.

Bolasie is terrible.

Absolutely terrible.

TERRIBLE.

Can't put what I really want to put because of the swear filter.

Tend to agree with this.
Had a chance to shoot but didn’t, maybe rusty? Maybe clueless...
Tries tricks and over plays constantly.
Goes to put a tackle in but with no intention of winning the ball - this annoys me in general.

I suppose he’s been out for a year and after the performance today it’s probably not a good time to analyse him

I'll guarantee that the king of the cynical foul, Gareth Barry, wasn't doing it at 20 mate. Plus Keane and Jagielka were equally as bad today if not worse. And Martina only slightly better.

I agree it was probably Kenny's worst game for us and his first bad game in 2 months. But given he's been our best defender this season it's wrong to use his performance today to justify any lack of trust Allardyce may have in young players, which is what your original post was doing.
It’s through the team though and not necessarily the young lads fault, but DCL and my namesake also scream we’re not ready. Holgate has improved but still has a major error in him. As for the older players, words fail me

Very bizarre performance from you today, I thought you barely showed up. Ok, I'll give some credit to our players in in contributing to that and don't let the run of results deceive you, we've had some very good performances recently without getting results the play deserved. However, I can't quite fathom what your game plan was.

From our side, I thought we did well and deserved the win, probably by a bigger margin, but until we start taking our chances we'll continue to struggle. Injuries are a big problem and I'm very surprised you didn't target our enforced selection of our fourth choice LB, actually a RB playing out of position, as he would have been very suspect defensively if you'd been all over him. Instead he was allowed to get forward and had an excellent game.

About the only positive I saw in your team compared to how I've seen you play against us in the past is your keeper. He looked top drawer. I guess it was an off day for you.

Still, I hope for more installments next season. One thing in our matches against you is that they're never boring! Good luck for the season, especially when playing the clubs around us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back