Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton, Sat 30/12/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s through the team though and not necessarily the young lads fault, but DCL and my namesake also scream we’re not ready. Holgate has improved but still has a major error in him. As for the older players, words fail me
Kenny badly needs a break. he's played 90 minutes of every game since October. Holgate is being given a break now and then and we badly miss him when he isn't there. Both Davies and DCL are playing far too much football for their age, but conversely Vlasic and Lookman should both be getting more time as they are two of few only players we have that can make things happen. Even Baningime should be getting more time to give Davies a break. He's shown he's up for it.

We just have a very unbalanced squad, both in age distribution and positionally.

Fully agree with you re the experienced players though, Rooney being the possible exception.

BFS has been bought in to do a job, that job is to get us through this season and anything more than that would be, not only a bonus, but also with his renowned style of play, a miracle. Today's defeat most certainly won't be the last this season, I'm sure many more will follow. However, although I, along with the majority of us, am not enjoying his style of play and lack of attacking prowess, we must put everything into perspective, at least until the summer.

Our much beloved club has been ridiculed, embarrassed and made to look like a cheap circus and then some over the past 5-6 months. Koeman and the board have been completely incompetent and taken football immaturity to an unprecedented level.
We aren't going to turn this shambolic situation around overnight or even in a few months, what Sam and the board can and have to do is take baby steps forward to put us back on something like the right track.

A few decent signings, such as Cenk and N'zonzi will, I'm sure, assist in this together with the re- integration of our long term absentees. My hope as a lifelong blue is that we make and continue to make some kind of progress. This hope doesn't evaporate through a loss to a team I expected to be beating comfortably 6 months ago, hard working but boring performances or the lack of great attacking football in matches 6,7 and 8 of BFS tenure.
Were any of us expecting anything more? I doubt it seen as the majority didn't and still don't want Sam here!

Ultimately, all I and we all should care about is the longer term plan. What happens next season and beyond once this catastrophic damage has been somewhat repaired.

This season, as always, I will continue to support my team and my club and yes Sam too. Has the the previous club management and hierarchy totally messed up?- yes. Have they ruined our expectations?-yes. Does it hurt?-yes.
But do I love my club any less and will my relationship with it weaken?-no.
First and foremost, I am a blue no matter what, not a fair weather blue, just a blue
I am proud to support Everton football Club and look forward, in time, to knowing that the words Nil satis nisi optimum mean something great again!!!

Southampton 4 everton 1
The clue Is the 4

But as the WHU game was after the Southampton game, an improvement is seen of +7 GD and provided the reinvention of Rooney in a deeper position as well as giving Kenny the opportunity to shine. What exactly has Sam improved since that game, and are you happy with our last two performances and results.......

Go for it mate...sounds like you are itching to have a go. As long as it's not as bad as your criticism for the 5-1, 5-2, 4-1 defeats then you will be OK.
Remember it's his 1st defeat and I would concrentrate yor concerns about the players moreso than the manager just to put it in perspective.
To be honest I'm not that concerned at the minute. None of what we have has been a surprise to me so far, I expected these performances and tactics so no point in throwing toys out the pram so to speak!

It's hard to be negative tbh. We play ultra defensive football, so did all his other clubs. We don't attack, we never attacked very well before he arrived.

It is belief for me that allardyce has sucked out the team. Granted he keeps harping on about how he wants to play but then these players don't play 9 men behind the ball hoof by themselves , it's what the instruction is. So the team are resorting to hoofing it when possible more than they should, because when we actually try to play we have been quite good at it.

I don't know, I have personally avoided posting much whilst the team was unbeaten because it was better than before and its hard to be too negative now because allardyce has resorted to type. Sooner August comes the better I reckon (with no Silva though) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back