Boxing

I have no idea how anyone watching that can try and claim Fury edged it.

It was a clear win for Usyk. Won more of the rounds throughout anyway and absolutely hammered Fury in the 9th.

I'd have given Fury credit for lasting the 12 rounds but after hearing his sore loser speech and bringing up the Ukraine War to deflect from his defeat, I can't now.

Was a good fight though, better man won on the night.

People saying the fight should have been stopped just wanted to see fury knocked out/stopped and definitely wouldn't be saying it of usyk was stumbling around the ring.
Mate that was a prolonged period where Tyson was gone. Been a long time ice seen a fighter lose his legs for such an extended period. Fury is a barrier, but imagine if that was AJ; could have been seriously hurt.

The poor gypsy king has lost his crown, I couldn't be more happy!!!
( it won't shut him up though, the excuses will soon start flooding , and that's the shame of it.

Usyk deserves utter respect. he'll take it like a man, but he wont start kissing his backside to the world every day now...

I’m sure his pay day will come as some comfort to him. it’s why a lot of these folk think they are more important, they earn in a few months then what a fireman or doctor earns in a life time. Hey, we would all take that kind of money, it does however make a mockery of what people think is a fair society. A sportsman earning more than a life saver.

Fury is a bore imo , a one trick wind up merchant soaked in social media pettiness. The act is stale. His mocking antics tonight were hardly a shock. It’s part of his persona. Anyone can act the soft arse for a bit of needle. His father is so far up his own arse I question if he was able to watch that tonight.

Count only starts when the opponent gets to the neutral corner
I'm more referring to the point where the ref stopped counting then repeatedly asked fury if he was ok and then "ding ding"

The DAZN commentary saying "good job by the ref, he clearly understands the magnitude of the fight" was ridiculous. Fury should have lost by TKO.

And the fact the ref stepped in to stop the beat down, actually saving Fury.

Well that was a great fight, and worthy of a reunification bout. It swung from one to the other as I'm sure we had all hoped. We'll done to both of the lads and especially a deserved champ.

I don't like Fury at the best of times. But his show boating when he was clearly on the back foot was embarrassing.

I did think he was going to stop Usyk in the 6th.. But Usyk showed how much better a boxer he is. Usyk can also win with dignity and grace.

Fury claiming Usyk won because of the Ukraine war was a disgrace. Hopefully Usyk knocks him out in the rematch. If it happens.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back