Boxing

I have no idea how anyone watching that can try and claim Fury edged it.

It was a clear win for Usyk. Won more of the rounds throughout anyway and absolutely hammered Fury in the 9th.

I'd have given Fury credit for lasting the 12 rounds but after hearing his sore loser speech and bringing up the Ukraine War to deflect from his defeat, I can't now.

Was a good fight though, better man won on the night.

Personally don't think it was totally clear. Was close but I considered the fact that the judges are usually bent towards the "bigger"draw so quiet surprised it went in Usyks favour. Felt they were level pegging until Usyk bounced him around the ring.

He's a great boxer. Technically one of the best that's ever graced the sport.

I'm more referring to the point where the ref stopped counting then repeatedly asked fury if he was ok and then "ding ding"

The DAZN commentary saying "good job by the ref, he clearly understands the magnitude of the fight" was ridiculous. Fury should have lost by TKO.

And the fact the ref stepped in to stop the beat down, actually saving Fury.

TNT pulled that up. Haye and Frampton felt the ref saved Fury as Usyk was ready to finish it when he was in the corner.

Thought it would come down to Usyk's superior skills but don't think that was the factor last night. Tyson's jab, uppercut tactics were equally as effective, as were the body shots. Seemed like arrogance was his undoing and choosing to keep hands low and chin exposed as a faux bravado. You can't do that against anyone in this division regardless of size. A very strange, naive and patchy display there Tyson..

Hate these multi belt titles. Usyk is already on the verge of surrendering the IBF one because he doesn't want to face the mandatory challenger.

Usyk deserves to take his place with the pantheon of the great heavyweights though.
Unbeaten and unbowed. Not bad for a cruiserweight

I don't like Fury at the best of times. But his show boating when he was clearly on the back foot was embarrassing.

I did think he was going to stop Usyk in the 6th.. But Usyk showed how much better a boxer he is. Usyk can also win with dignity and grace.

Fury claiming Usyk won because of the Ukraine war was a disgrace. Hopefully Usyk knocks him out in the rematch. If it happens.
Had to have been a factor though. Its nuts to believe such things would't count.

Close fight. Thought fury boxed well in the early rounds and wa clearly ahead after 6 rounds. The 9th round and Fury’s arrogance (dropping his hands and showboating) proved his undoing. Not very often the fight matches the hype, but I thought it was a good watch. Credit to both fighters, in particular to Usyk, not only did he win (I thought he edged it myself) but to do it with a broken jaw showed he had the heart of a champion as well.

Split decisions usually go the champions way.

There's no doubt been a huge good will to get Usyk over the line.

In any case, boxing is corrupt. The rematch was already in place before this fight. Fury will be playing the game too. Bigger pay day down the line.
Boxing is corrupt and always has been. It tarnishes the sport, although I thought the decision was correct last night.

Close fight. Thought fury boxed well in the early rounds and wa clearly ahead after 6 rounds. The 9th round and Fury’s arrogance (dropping his hands and showboating) proved his undoing. Not very often the fight matches the hype, but I thought it was a good watch. Credit to both fighters, in particular to Usyk, not only did he win (I thought he edged it myself) but to do it with a broken jaw showed he had the heart of a champion as well.
He's not got a broken jaw according to the news. They suspected it but xrays say not.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back