Homepage Article Brands Renews Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs Dave’s avatar lashing on this..

View attachment 124850

PicsArt_04-21-06.52.50.jpg

Ajax have the pick of players from around the globe.

Everton competes with Liverpool, the 2 Manchester clubs and 6 or 7 teams from the football pyarmid for youth players.

We have only just finished a transfer ban also.

Overmars bought Seb Haller for 20m last Summer.
Weren't you about Haller at one time? He'll dominate in the Dutch league so it's not a shabby purchase. Yes the youth landscape in the premier league is far more competitive but even Leicester have been churning out notable talents so it's not an excuse. He's not atrocious but Brands is incredibly average and that doesn't suit our aspirations. So yeah overmars probably wasn't offering salvation but there has to be better options at least in my opinion

Weren't you about Haller at one time? He'll dominate in the Dutch league so it's not a shabby purchase. Yes the youth landscape in the premier league is far more competitive but even Leicester have been churning out notable talents so it's not an excuse. He's not atrocious but Brands is incredibly average and that doesn't suit our aspirations. So yeah overmars probably wasn't offering salvation but there has to be better options at least in my opinion
Which talents have Leicester been churning out?

From what I know only Harvey Barnes has come through their academy?

Which talents have Leicester been churning out?

From what I know only Harvey Barnes has come through their academy?
You also have choudhury and Thomas who aren't superstars by any means but they feature in the squad and that's all I really expect from our academy to offer players that can make some sort of contribution. Even just one exceptional talent like Barnes would also suffice. It's been years since we've had a product make any impact and it was Tom davies. That's embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.