Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Breaking News that nobody is interested in' ...

The nights are drawing in.

Nights drawing in now, say grans

IT WILL soon be dark in the evenings again, according to Britain’s grandmothers.
Old people the length and breadth of the land have urged relatives to wrap up warm because the days are getting shorter and winter will be here before you know it.
Eleanor Shaw, 76, said: “Well, that’s another summer gone. Time to draw the curtains, sit almost directly on top of a radiator and whack the central heating up as high as it will go.
“Look at you young people running around without so much as a scarf. You won’t be laughing when the icy winds of August give you the potentially fatal flu.”

26-year old Tom Booker said: “My nan’s put her clocks back already, and she’ll have her Christmas decorations up by the end of the month.
“She keeps repeating the phrase ‘winter is coming’, like a character from Game of Thrones.”
Booker’s nan, Maisie, said: “Well, winter is coming. I also think we should burn them, burn them all".

In the 1970's I was booked into a Post House Hotel just off the M1 at the Wakefield junction. It was the first week in September and we were in the midst of a mini-heatwave. I went in to reception and it was completely decked out with Christmas decorations including a large Christmas tree. I mentioned this to the receptionist and she just shrugged and said 'Head Office instructions'.

England u19 cricket team currently playing South Africa. One of England's bowlers is called Plom. Would it be to much to ask if his first name begins with A ?

In the 1970's I was booked into a Post House Hotel just off the M1 at the Wakefield junction. It was the first week in September and we were in the midst of a mini-heatwave. I went in to reception and it was completely decked out with Christmas decorations including a large Christmas tree. I mentioned this to the receptionist and she just shrugged and said 'Head Office instructions'.
what size teaspoons did the hotel have?

Went to the chemist today at our small parade of shops. When I got there, there was serious filming going on. Tracks for the camera's, lights etc., Several large vans taking up most of the parking. The worst bit was they'd turned our chippie into a ladies hairdresser's (true). The girl in the chemist told me that it was the film of a book. She told me the name of the book and the author but I had forgotten it within a few minutes.

Went to the chemist today at our small parade of shops. When I got there, there was serious filming going on. Tracks for the camera's, lights etc., Several large vans taking up most of the parking. The worst bit was they'd turned our chippie into a ladies hairdresser's (true). The girl in the chemist told me that it was the film of a book. She told me the name of the book and the author but I had forgotten it within a few minutes.
Sounds like a weird dream, are you ok, is there someone there with you?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back