Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Breaking News that nobody is interested in' ...

Katie Carter had been knocked out of the Everton twitter crank World Cup in the first round.

Mike parry goes thro after beating the reigning champ!

I learned that 'sales' were a fraud years ago. Equally I resent the permeation of US consumerism culture into our own. However, in a moment of herd like weakness I just spent 20 minutes trawling through Amazon's black Friday 'deals' just to see what all the fuss is about.

Not only was nothing particularly cheap (ok - cheaper than the daft prices they hiked them to pre-sale so they can be reduced to normal prices for the actual event) - but in that 20 minutes there was nothing, zero, nada, zip that I would be the slightest bit interested in not only buying, but receiving to clutter my life.

Amongst the baubles and trinkets and bits of plastic, metal and smells aimed at women, there was possibly 10% or less of this shabbite aimed at men. What this says about who's more easily prized away from their earnings make of what you will.

I'm left confused, wondering if I'm disappointed that I'm denied that instinctive atavistic pleasure of hunting down a true bargain, or whether I'm content to have seemingly reached a zen plateau where yet more material goods are worthless to me.*

Buy less, spend less, earn less, work less.

* i appreciate the irony of the fact that this rant was composed on a £500 phone lol

KIcking off in London right now at the World Chess Champs - After 12 / 12 drawn games under classical chess they've moved to rapid play and Carleson has gone through Caruana. Mashed him in the first two games and is looking to wrap it up in game 3 where a draw will be enough (playing at the moment).

ah its not clever or interesting... i just made up some stupid names for the train stations on my line home (commuting) and this is the best I could do for Preston Park

Thanks for your reply and your very first post.

Have a like for your troubles.

Ps - If you would like to start a thread of other such gems, based on the names of railway stations, I`m sure it`d be well received x

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back