Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we actually know DCL is out of this for sure? It's a 4-6 week injury sustained over 3 weeks ago but we know he was back on the grass to start light training over a week ago, supposedly a bit ahead of schedule. In the normal course of a 4 week injury would it be fairly normal to go from light training after two weeks to playing a match more than 10 days later?

Brentford will be at us from the off. Why wouldn't you be? We can't score, so just chuck players forward, press high and make sure the game is played out in our defensive third. 3-0 Brentford.

Do we actually know Dominic Calvert-Lewin is out of this for sure? It's a 4-6 week injury sustained over 3 weeks ago but we know he was back on the grass to start light training over a week ago, supposedly a bit ahead of schedule. In the normal course of a 4 week injury would it be fairly normal to go from light training after two weeks to playing a match more than 10 days later?
Not when you've been on the sidelines for virtually the whole of the previous season and you're the only half decent striker in the whole squad. Take the defeat and save him for the next home game.

Not when you've been on the sidelines for virtually the whole of the previous season and you're the only half decent striker in the whole squad. Take the defeat and save him for the next home game.
I'm not a physio and I know it can all interconnect but the reporting was the knee injury was just a freak thing totally unconnected to the quad injury, so in theory the healing time required should not be more because of the previous injury. Based on what we know (4 week injury, back in training after 2) it is a pretty minor injury so I don't know if you'd rule him out of playing, even if it's a run off the bench- I understand the need for caution of course as he's an important player but I was just wondering given the timeline so far whether it would be close to fully healed by Saturday.

Clutching at straws I guess but I just don't think we can just take defeats with 1 from 9, things are spiralling out of control.

It worked with Steve Watson!
He can’t be any slower than Rondon and is ok in the air. As a defender, he’s nervous and gives the fans kittens when he’s in possession. Brentford will play at 100mph so sit deep and hoof it lol

He can’t be any slower than Rondon and is ok in the air. As a defender, he’s nervous and gives the fans kittens when he’s in possession. Brentford will play at 100mph so sit deep and hoof it lol
We pretty much just need a forehead up there. Rondon's struggling to offer even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.