Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be made up if we can get a point from this game with the squad of players we have currently. I suspect it will end 3-1

I don't know why I'm on this, but in the 50s I used to go to the matches a week about with my 'uncle' as he had a car, he used to laugh when
we got beaten, but I wasn't allowed laugh when the RS lost. He asked me why Everton are called the 'toffees', I didn't know, he said because
they are always getting licked. I can't remember if he was a Norwegian.

If our attacking ability is so feeble, prioritize keeping a clean sheet and hope for luck from set plays.

(Then, whatever the result, relax with a pint of wine and a tureen of gravy.)

….stand-out game in Benitez’s failure last season. As usual, started on the back foot, allowed them possession & went a goal down. We then peppered their box with crosses that Rondon was physically incapable of getting on the end of, Benitez left Simms and Dobbin on the bench.

At the end the players felt the angst of the travelling fans, Benitez darted like a coward down the tunnel.

This is a much more competent Brentford. It’s difficult to see us keeping them out for 90mins & it’s difficult to see us scoring.

We dont need any points from this or the Leeds game. The club believes we can do without them. They're very relaxed at maybe having 1 point from the first 7 games.

That's the only conclusion you can draw from the sale of Richarlison and refusal to move for another one.
It’s not like it was a shock to the club that Spurs came in for him. He was touted to all. It does make you wonder what they thought this bunch of players can achieve?

….stand-out game in Benitez’s failure last season. As usual, started on the back foot, allowed them possession & went a goal down. We then peppered their box with crosses that Rondon was physically incapable of getting on the end of, Benitez left Simms and Dobbin on the bench.

At the end the players felt the angst of the travelling fans, Benitez darted like a coward down the tunnel.

This is a much more competent Brentford. It’s difficult to see us keeping them out for 90mins & it’s difficult to see us scoring.
So there's a chance then?

Not very optimistic here. But not the kind of game when can afford to come away empty handed. A draw would be decent.

No cutting edge again and playing a system that doesn't suit us again.

There's not much to get excited about with this match.

Brentford 2-0 Everton.

We dont need any points from this or the Leeds game. The club believes we can do without them. They're very relaxed at maybe having 1 point from the first 7 games.

That's the only conclusion you can draw from the sale of Richarlison and refusal to move for another one.
If this could be rewritten slightly so it was phrased as a question and asked to Lampard at the press conference, I’d like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.