Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and 3-day MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another game, another defeat.

heartless, passionless, poor players with another poor performance.

Games played goes up, goals conceded goes up,
position goes down.

the slow demise of the once (be it for a short time) great club is all but complete with the intro of 777 and the persistence with Dyche and his archaic tactics with like for like subs, but only once the game has gone.

Oh the life of an EvertonIan.

Reckon it starts to click in front of goal and we come out comfortable 2 nil winners. And so begins the journey of born again Dyche football!
That low Patterson cross for Danjuma's goal showed that it doesn't only have to be lump it onto the centre forward's bonce. That said, Young is not the right man for set pieces as he's been woeful. McNeil or Garner for me.

Our brave lionhearts will be up for this.
I am more optimistic than many on here: many say a 3-0 loss while I think we lose by only two unanswered goals.

Managing our negative GD vs Luton's, Sheffield's and Burnley's is all important and a mere 2-0 loss to a traditionally superior club like Brentford is a feather in our brave lionhearts' cap. I think Luton, Sheffield and Burnley lose their equivalent Brentford (away) fixture by more than two goals...so kudos to our lionhearts. But let's not go overboard in celebrating a 2-0 loss: on the back of this, anyone considering an open-top-bus 'quasi' victory parade around the streets of L4 need to cool their jets. Yes, we are good...but we are not that good. Yes, we should be proud....but not too proud.
Don't underestimate Sheffield United's resilience.

Reactions: Ivo

Another game, another defeat.

heartless, passionless, poor players with another poor performance.

Games played goes up, goals conceded goes up,
position goes down.

the slow demise of the once (be it for a short time) great club is all but complete with the intro of 777 and the persistence with Dyche and his archaic tactics with like for like subs, but only once the game has gone.

Oh the life of an EvertonIan.
Cheer up, mate. Soon be Christmas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.