Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Brighton & H Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we attack as well as we did against Leicester then I'd fancy us to score.

I worry about their attack though.

I can see why Dyche is overloading on attack to compensate for our woeful attack but the issue with that is any decent team beats that press and does what Spurs did to us last season at White Hart Lane.

I think we have to show them the respect they deserve - defend deep and look to snide a result. Either a break, or set piece. Calvert-Lewin increases the odds we might take a chance or two but we have to try and stay in the game.

I can see why Dyche is overloading on attack to compensate for our woeful attack but the issue with that is any decent team beats that press and does what Spurs did to us last season at White Hart Lane.

True but I don't think Brighton are a countering side.

The Brighton team on paper against United last night didn't look to be all that awe-inspiring (but for a few quality players). They're set up very well for possession-based football, I'd expect Dyche to bring Onana back in and alongside Doucoure + Gana attempt to overcrowd that lightweight midfield of theirs.

1683281189663.png

Chris Sutton doesn't learn, does he. He predicted we'd lose at Palace and also at Leicester. I know a loss at Brighton is a safer prediction but a wrong prediction is a wrong prediction nonetheless

Everton, with 2 wins away last season, and just 1 win away this season to bottom of the league Southampton in October.

Everton, lowest scorers in the league and probably English professional football.

Brighton Away - this is their home league form in 2023;

3-0 Win vs Liverpool
1-0 Win vs Bournemouth
1-0 Defeat vs Fulham
4-0 Win vs West Ham
1-0 Win vs Crystal Palace
3-3 Draw vs Brentford
6-0 Win vs Wolves

It's a massive ask to see us get a sniff here.

Praying Everton can shock us.
Brighton: haven't won 3 on the bounce all season.

I think that's telling.

True but twenty-odd shots last night only resulted in a last gasp penalty
Last night: 100 minutes of football and they had 5 shots on target.

If Martinez's 2013/14 team had done that - a team that were head and shoulders...and a massive amount of points...above this Brighton team - they'd have been getting all kinds of stick.

Brighton does it and they're 'fantastic'.

Ho hum.

We have to make a big decision at RB for this game.

It's our weakest position with Coleman out and it's Brighton's strongest performer running at that player all day.

True but I don't think Brighton are a countering side.

The Brighton team on paper against United last night didn't look to be all that awe-inspiring (but for a few quality players). They're set up very well for possession-based football, I'd expect Dyche to bring Onana back in and alongside Doucoure + Gana attempt to overcrowd that lightweight midfield of theirs.

View attachment 210100

That lightweight midfield will more than likely pass us off the pitch.
That really does sound like a transcript from a sean dyche handbook of football. Shall we shout at them in the tunnel before the game and try and
Intimidate them aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back