Brighton & H Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche won't, but he should accept a large portion of the blame if he continues with the likes of Iwobi and Keane.

He's a footballing dinosaur who is too stubborn or just not capable of changing his ways.

This game is set up for 3 at the back and us to get them on the counter.

I'd be playing Mina and Coady alongside Tarkowski, knowing we'll likely need to play the same against City as well.

Onana and Gray in. A flexible 3511.

Pickford
Mina-Coady-Tarkowski
Patterson-----------------------------McNeil
Onana-Garner-Gueye
Gray
DCL​
Agree Keane should be dropped but Iwobi is our only consistently creative player and works harder than most. I'm not saying he's great but I am saying we take out our only player with an eye for a pass if we drop him.

Agree Keane should be dropped but Iwobi is our only consistently creative player and works harder than most. I'm not saying he's great but I am saying we take out our only player with an eye for a pass if we drop him.
I agree he's creative, but he's crap, and has been utterly abysmal for months now. That pass against Leicester summed his lack of intelligence right up, although yes he took his chance well in the second half - something he does far, far too infrequently.

You shouldn't put yourself in situations where you need to make things right or make up for a huge mistake.

The problem is we have no squad, so whoever you replace him with is going to be, at best, every bit as bad as he is.

I really don't know how it's come to this.

Hmm not sure why ppl don't like Gana. We're not the best but he makes the most interceptions in the league.
I think Dyche won't resort to dropping him yet as he'll likely think it makes us more difficult to lose with him in midfield, yet it also imo makes it more unlikely that we'll win as he's so incredibly wasteful in the opposition half.

So it'll likely come at the time Dyche feels we absolutely have to win, which will be the Wolves game. Hopefully today as a whole doesn't go completely wrong and we're still in the mix come Wolves.

20230508_105918.jpg
You owe us........'nough said.

I think Dyche won't resort to dropping him yet as he'll likely think it makes us more difficult to lose with him in midfield, yet it also imo makes it more unlikely that we'll win as he's so incredibly wasteful in the opposition half.

So it'll likely come at the time Dyche feels we absolutely have to win, which will be the Wolves game. Hopefully today as a whole doesn't go completely wrong and we're still in the mix come Wolves.
🤞

More confident against teams like this with Dom back. Their touch is so good and even the anonymous players are comfortable on the ball. We will need to resort to pumping fairly long in behind to get out, and then defend like lions to keep it away from our final third.

One thing is for certain, our midfield will be dead on their feet after 70 mins if they put the effort in than they will need to. Bench is probably going to be terrifying but he HAS to use it wisely today. Surely.

Blue Bill as just made a statement before the Brighton game. He states that when he and the Board have a decision to make they sit down and work out what Brighton would do and then they do the opposite. He says it is working out very well and he expects the club to be playing at a level which suits the commitment and ability of the squad and one that matches his ambitions for Everton Football Club.

Anything and I mean absolutely anything from this game today is a bonus. Not to be negative but realistically we shouldn’t win or draw here. If we come away with no injuries and no red cards it will be a plus. Obviously if the fickle finger of fate (var) decides to somehow give us an advantage today and we come away with even a point I’ll be dancing around the garden for seconds, because I live in a block of flats.

Someone has to hit that fast winger who dives for pens hard in the first 5 minutes - make him limp a bit ......it will be a very hard game ....

Status
Not open for further replies.