Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Brighton & H Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton were as good as this team in the last two seasons: we drew and beat them.

I think they have gone up a bit now. I admire the optimism dave but we'll need a miracle to get something here. Their midfield are just brilliant. All comfortable on the ball. Their movement. Always got 2 or 3 options for a forward pass because of their movement.

Then we have. Doucoure. Who looks like he's just been introduced to this round thing called a football.
They will match us for effort. And then their passing and movement will open us up.

I hope all of that wont happen and we find something from somewhere. But they are a cut above Everton on virtually everything.

Arses to the wall performance it will have to be, aiming for 0-0 and giving it a go in the second half or reacting if we go a few goals down. He won't make any changes if we go one down, and his changes at two down will have come too late. We'll need a major off-day for Brighton and some massive strokes of luck.

Arses to the wall performance it will have to be, aiming for 0-0 and giving it a go in the second half or reacting if we go a few goals down. He won't make any changes if we go one down, and his changes at two down will have come too late. We'll need a major off-day for Brighton and some massive strokes of luck.
Massive strokes of luck and Everton don't generally go together.

I'd be tempted to change formation for this one. Id go 4-5-1 with a 5 man midfield to try and crowd out their slick midfield ballers and protect the back 4. Wingers to support Dom on the break but sit deep when out if posession. This would make for a dreadful game of football but a 0-0 there would be a good result.

I think they have gone up a bit now. I admire the optimism dave but we'll need a miracle to get something here. Their midfield are just brilliant. All comfortable on the ball. Their movement. Always got 2 or 3 options for a forward pass because of their movement.

Then we have. Doucoure. Who looks like he's just been introduced to this round thing called a football.
They will match us for effort. And then their passing and movement will open us up.

I hope all of that wont happen and we find something from somewhere. But they are a cut above Everton on virtually everything.
Doucoure looks like he’s just started walking for the first time

I think a bigger direct side finds the gaps but we have to look out for the ball over the top so Patterson and Mykolenko will play a low block especially with Keane and Tarkowski so prone to this attack, I doubt Godfrey will be fit or Mina will be selected.

Doucoure, Iwobi and McNeil with the press will pressure the back four and look to go long which we should win.

MacAllister and Gilmore need to be man marked so Gueye and Onana will be a great match up.

Brighton are a good side but we have to play to our strengths - directness, strength and height.

United had a lot of chances especially down Brighton's right so perhaps induction of Gray wouldn't go a miss but McNeil has been excellent the last few games.

Pickford
Patterson - Keane - Tarkowski - Mykolenko
Gueye - Onana
Iwobi - Doucoure - McNeil
DCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back